Menu

SQL Server and MyTourbook

2020-05-01
2020-12-01
  • Martin Sauer

Martin Sauer - 2020-05-01

Hi,

how can I use an external sql server for MyTourbook? I found the
    developer articel but this doesn't work. I can't find the derbyclient file.

Thank you for your help.

BR

martin

• Wolfgang ch

Wolfgang ch - 2020-05-02

An external sql server is currently not supported but you can access the internal sql server with any sql client.

• Mick

Mick - 2020-11-10

Hi,
    Could i have current assistance to connect my MTB local database to SQL server (local). I have no skills in connexion (but i can play a bit with sql data once in).
    i use the ecclipse SQL explorer and the wiki page, but no luck. Same with dbweaver, no indication.
    Thanks a lot to all experts to help me :)

• Frederic

Frederic - 2020-11-10

Did you try this?

Last edit: Frederic 2020-11-10
  • Mick

Mick - 2020-11-10

Yes, but I can't find the other files mentionned in the help (org.apache.... Or Derby.....)
    I am totally unskilled in server, etc, but I can play with sql statements once connected 😊)

• Frederic

Frederic - 2020-11-10

That page didn't help either ?

• Mick

Mick - 2020-11-10

I have followed exactly this last page : I have no Derbyclient.Jar anywhere.
    Wolfgang answered elsewhere that another jar file should be used, but I can't find it neither. 😢.
    I tried other jar files but none let me populate the driver class name field with org.apache.derby.jdbc.ClientDriver

• Mick

Mick - 2020-11-11

I already tryied dbweaver, but with my no skills into server understanding, i failed to understand that connection instruction are almost the same than on the page for sql explorer 😒
    So it seems to be working this morning, i will make some screen shots and explanation of my own, and share : maybe others will be happy to find them 😊

👍
    • Gregory X

Gregory X - 2020-12-01

Yes, please, @Mick. I would be able to do whatever reports I want if I can get the SQL connector to Excel working...

• Mick

Mick - 2020-12-01

Here is DBeaver connection short tuto :)
    1- this page show the proper link to software and settings. Download and install DBeaver
    2- follow step : Start MyTourbook
    3- skip step : Setup JDBC Driver
    4- new step Setup Connection : (see screenshots attached)
    A-In DBeaver, go to Menu : Database/New database connection
    B-Choose SQL Derby Server
    C- Fill JDBC url like in MTB tutorial page (user name and password not required for me)
    D-it is done :)

Last edit: Mick 2020-12-01