Menu

PHOTOS, PHOTOS, PHOTOS ??????

Lah Kotno
2021-03-23
2021-03-26
  • Lah Kotno

Lah Kotno - 2021-03-23

The ‘Photos’ feature frustrates me more and more. I have already asked about it here, but unfortunately the answers did not solve the problem (if this is a problem at all and not such an operation of MTB - which I hope not)

When I want to upload photos (clicking the ‘Photos’ button) to the track, it takes up to 2 minutes for MTB to scan the entire computer for photo selection - MTB is unresponsive during this time. I have a separate drive with thousands of photos, and MTB scans the entire computer/disc over and over again. WHY??? Why can't I choose a photo directory to shorten this time?

And when I finally manage to get a selection of photos and save them to the track, a new problem begins (which I also mentioned in a previous post) - the cursor starts changing from the arrow to the hourglass (as busy). I can only stop this by turning off 'photo options' and closing the MTB.

In addition to my bad mood, photos are now on wrong location on the map - they are on the track, but location is not correct. If I look the same photos in Google maps, they are perfectly on the right location. This started with experimental version of MTB 21.3.

Does anyone else face such a problem? If I can not solve this, the photos in MTB are useless for me.

• Wolfgang ch

Wolfgang ch - 2021-03-24

Which external device are you using?

I've located my photos on a second internal harddisk without performance problems

• Lah Kotno

Lah Kotno - 2021-03-24

not an external drive. as in your case - secondary internal HDD.

• Maarten de wit

Maarten de wit - 2021-03-25

When I click Photos MTB did display a list of all drives on my computer, but it did not scan the complete drives itself. Only when I opened a drive it did show the directories, then I could expand each directory to the one which contains the needed photos. I can switch directories without any performance problem.
    I did have the problem that the photo's were not on the right location. Only by decreasing the time with one hour (using the time adjust option in MTB) the photo's were shown correctly. I do not know why I had to adjust the time , as my exif time was set correctly.
    Remark: I just checked with version 20.12 which has the same behavior that I had to adjust the time.

Last edit: Maarten de wit 2021-03-25
  • Lah Kotno

Lah Kotno - 2021-03-26

@Maarten

thnx for your answer. you did give me another look at the problem and I started to think a little bit wider and try to find problem outside MTB. and I DID solve it! it was a problem with NAS system. I had some NAS directories which were connected to NAS but I was not logged in. that caused all problems with delayed time. now everything works PERFECTLY, directories are almost instantly listed :)

photo location is also solved with your suggestion.

so, once again, thank you - you made my day!