Menu

Easy Import issues

Mick
2021-07-19
2021-07-29
  • Mick

Mick - 2021-07-19

Hi,
    I have easy import issues : the folder icon is orange forever : "Acquiring device info"
    Before any long investigations : is there a way to 100% reset ALL easy import data and keeping all other customizations ?

I tried on a fresh install, and everything is OK, but as soon as i copy my .metadata folder, easyimport get old settings and everything is blocked.

Thanks.

• Wolfgang ch

Wolfgang ch - 2021-07-19

The easy import settings are saved in this file C:\Users\<YourName>\mytourbook\.metadata\.plugins\net.tourbook\dialog_settings.xml

in this section

Last edit: Wolfgang ch 2021-07-19
  • Beezer

Beezer - 2021-07-24

I am having the same problem of the icon staying yellow for ever with the message "Acquiring device info" since I updated from 20.12.0 to 21.6.1
    The easy import from files section works fine but then you lose the benefit of the easy import also doing things like the tour type setting etc.

When I reverted back to 20.12.0 everything worked fine again. Icon was green and showing a number with a second or so.

Is there something in the settings section that I can change to fix the problem or is my only option to replace my easy import settings with what you have shown in the above image and redo all my settings for my three options from scratch.

The attached is my EasyImportManager section.
    I have also attached the EasyImportManager settings as a text file

Last edit: Beezer 2021-07-24
  • Wolfgang ch

Wolfgang ch - 2021-07-25

The easy import from files section works fine

Do this problem occure with a cloud provider?

Sometimes (with my old PC) I also had trouble that the icon did not switch to green when importing from a USB device, this helped sometimes but not always:

• Unplug USB device and plug it in again
    • Stop device watching and turn it on again

With my new PC it seems to have less trouble

As I remember, I did not do any changes in recent time in the easy import device watching feature.

• Beezer

Beezer - 2021-07-25

One of the three easy import options is from Dropbox. That also works again when I reverted back to 20.12.0

The other two easy import options are from directories on an nfs mount on the pc that I am running MyTourbook from.

I tried turning the watching off and it went to red but when I turned it on again and it went to green the folder icon still stayed orange.

Interesting no changes made in the easy import watching feature.

I will try again to move to 21.6.1 and see if it repeats. If it does then I will keep a copy of the dialog_settings.xml file and clear the section back to the default that you showed and then install the three easy import options again.

Will update what I find.

• telemaxx

telemaxx - 2021-07-27

the problem for me was that dropbox changed there API.

look here:
    https://github.com/wolfgang-ch/mytourbook/issues/354

solution as to re-authenticate dropbox, see link above.

• Mick

Mick - 2021-07-28

@telemaxx
      THANKS
      refreshing dropbox access do the job (even if no more Dropbox easy import is created, it blocks) :(

🎉
    • Frederic

Frederic - 2021-07-29

Thanks @telemaxx for helping.
      Indeed, it is due to the fact that Dropbox changed their Oauth flow. The Dropbox authentication needs to be updated since MT 21.3 as you can read in the release notes and in this specific documentation.