Cursor is blinking

Lah Kotno
2021-02-22
2021-03-19
1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)
  • Lah Kotno

Lah Kotno - 2021-02-22

Hi,

after linking photos with tour, cursor starts blinking and changing from arrow to sand clock.
    exit aplication not helping.

Last edit: Lah Kotno 2021-02-22
  • Frederic

Frederic - 2021-02-22

Can you please attach the log file found in C:\Users\<YourName>\mytourbook\.metadata\.log

Also, which version of MT are you using ?

• Lah Kotno

Lah Kotno - 2021-02-22

it is the latest version 20.12.0

please, find .log file enclosed.

• Frederic

Frederic - 2021-02-22

Thanks.
    I don't see anything obvious except that you have a boatload of FIT exceptions like this
    Do you have issues importing FIT files ?
    Can you share a file that creates those issues ?

com.garmin.fit.FitRuntimeException: FIT decode error: Unexpected end of input stream at byte: 53254

at com.garmin.fit.Decode.resume(Decode.java:434)

at com.garmin.fit.Decode.read(Decode.java:348)

at com.garmin.fit.Decode.read(Decode.java:343)

at com.garmin.fit.MesgBroadcaster.run(MesgBroadcaster.java:314)

at net.tourbook.device.garmin.fit.FitDataReader.processDeviceData(FitDataReader.java:613)

at net.tourbook.importdata.RawDataManager.importRawData_10(RawDataManager.java:1826)

at net.tourbook.importdata.RawDataManager$4.run(RawDataManager.java:1721)

at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:55)

at net.tourbook.importdata.RawDataManager.importRawData(RawDataManager.java:1646)

at net.tourbook.importdata.RawDataManager$6.run(RawDataManager.java:2237)

at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:122)

Last edit: Frederic 2021-02-22
  • Lah Kotno

Lah Kotno - 2021-02-22

in tour import there are allways warnings in log, marked with red cross mark, but tours are imported correctly. i am enclosing fit file from today which created issue (it happened also before with some other files). in enclosed file i saw that gps is recorded very incorrect since this was return hike and should be almost the same in both directions.

i use garmin vivoactive hr.

• Frederic

Frederic - 2021-02-22

Your file imports well for me with 20.12, I can't reproduce the FIT error

Last edit: Frederic 2021-02-22
  • Lah Kotno

Lah Kotno - 2021-02-22

i just found out if i turn off 'show photos' issue is gone (and back again when 'show photos' turned on)

• Frederic

Frederic - 2021-02-22

Weird.... Does it happen for any tours or only specific ones ?

• Lah Kotno

Lah Kotno - 2021-02-22

I wouldn't know ... I just found out this, but defenitely there were same problems with some other linked photos. I enclosed video.

• Wolfgang ch

Wolfgang ch - 2021-02-23

Have you opened the tour photo view and the image size is > 160.

The cursor is not blinking it is switching between busy and none busy state which could occur when images > 160 are loaded. These images are marked with an orange dot until they are fully loaded, first you see only the preview image which is loaded very fast.

• Lah Kotno

Lah Kotno - 2021-02-23

I haven't seen that until I changed view. I hope, this will solve this issue.

since we were talking about photos issue I'd like to ask if it is normal that photos command takes about one minute or more to display photos for linking into tours? I have separated disk in laptop with all my photos and there are thousands of them. MT allways display all of them although this is not necessary. is it possible to select only one directory (or maybe few of them) to show? it would be much faster, i beleive.

thnx for your prompt help and answers.

• Wolfgang ch

Wolfgang ch - 2021-02-25

if it is normal that photos command takes about one minute or more to display photos for linking into tours?

No

MT allways display all of them although this is not necessary.

I don't understand this, can you create a screenshot

• Lah Kotno

Lah Kotno - 2021-02-25

when I click 'photos' for linking them it took approx 1 minute (MT is not respodnding) to show this screen (enclosed screenshot) to select photos for linking. I have thousands of photos on disk.

• Wolfgang ch

Wolfgang ch - 2021-02-26

You can hide the folder, then it should not load the folder contents (as I remember after 10 years)

Last edit: Wolfgang ch 2021-02-26
          • Lah Kotno

Lah Kotno - 2021-03-19

hi Wolfgang,

your suggestion didn't solve the problem. it is really annoying especially when MT is started with Photos window opened - it takes up to 2 minutes while it is impossible to work with MT due to 'not responding' message.

why there is no option in settings to define default directory to search on beginning or maybe 'open directory' dialog?

is there any solution to solve this or I will really have to stop using Photos function?

ps/are you an author of MT - just to know if I ask you a proper questions.

thnx

• Lah Kotno

Lah Kotno - 2021-02-24

hi ... additional question: why do I received these errors during import tours ?

1 tours were imported from the file D:\Garmin\Activities\2021-02-23-15-18-21.fit

com.garmin.fit.FitRuntimeException: FIT decode error: Unexpected end of input stream at byte: 13344
    at com.garmin.fit.Decode.resume(Decode.java:434)
    at com.garmin.fit.Decode.read(Decode.java:348)
    at com.garmin.fit.Decode.read(Decode.java:343)
    at com.garmin.fit.MesgBroadcaster.run(MesgBroadcaster.java:314)
    at net.tourbook.device.garmin.fit.FitDataReader.processDeviceData(FitDataReader.java:613)
    at net.tourbook.importdata.RawDataManager.importRawData10(RawDataManager.java:1826)
    at net.tourbook.importdata.RawDataManager$4.run(RawDataManager.java:1689)
    at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:55)
    at net.tourbook.importdata.RawDataManager.importRawData(RawDataManager.java:1646)
    at net.tourbook.importdata.RawDataManager$6.run(RawDataManager.java:2237)
    at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:122)

I use garmin 500 and vivoactive hr and errors are from both devices but tours are imported ok.

thnx

• Frederic

Frederic - 2021-02-24

That was what I noticed 2 days ago in your log file but like I mentioned above when I tried to import your provided FIT file, i couldn't reproduce the issue.
      Can you send me that file so I can try to reproduce the issue again ?

D:\Garmin\Activities\2021-02-23-15-18-21.fit

Last edit: Frederic 2021-02-24
  • Lah Kotno

Lah Kotno - 2021-02-25

I found out what is causing the problem - I was using also 'backup files to folder' function during import tours. there are approx 550 fit files in that directory. I created new directory and changed backup location to new one and all errors during import are gone. if backup is disabled import is also without errors.

it was also very strange that there was allways higher number in directory icon in easy import screen than tours number on device. for example, on device was only one tour (fit file) but number displayed was 6. when i changed backup settings also this number is now correct (1 tour, '1' displayed in icon)

I hope, this info will help you somehow. if you need any file to test, please let me know.

• Frederic

Frederic - 2021-02-25

Ok, that makes more sense now.
      My hunch is that your backup folders maybe had files that were erroneous and therefore that were not imported in MT but were seen as "New files" and therefore imported everytime you import new files
      Could you still attach one of those files in case they are not erroneous and that there is a bug in the FIT import ?

Frederic

Last edit: Frederic 2021-02-25
  • Lah Kotno

Lah Kotno - 2021-02-25

do you mean any specific file from backup directory? I tested today's file (enclosed) - import with old backup directory was with errors, folder icon showed '5' (see enclosed file) but on garmin edge device was only one fit file. same file with backup on new directory was imported without errors.

Last edit: Lah Kotno 2021-02-25
    • Frederic

Frederic - 2021-02-25

Thanks but I don't think this file is the culprit
      As you can see it imports well for me with 20.12

I mean that there must be one or more files in your backup folders that are imported each time you import new files because they dont exist in MT and therefore are seen as "to be imported" each time. They are not imported obviously because the import is erroneous.

If you could find this/those files, Id be happy to look at them.
      What you can do would be to hover over the number of new files to import (see my screenshot Hover.png as an example) and see their filename and attach them here

I hope that makes sense.

Last edit: Frederic 2021-02-25
  • Wolfgang ch

Wolfgang ch - 2021-02-25

This UI looks ugly with this date/time column, I've not tested with am/pm

• Frederic

Frederic - 2021-02-25

It's a screenshot from the official 20.12.0

• Wolfgang ch

Wolfgang ch - 2021-02-26

• Wolfgang ch

Wolfgang ch - 2021-02-26

You could also increase the list width in the easy import config that there is enough horizontal space

1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)