Menu

Duplicate tour

Lah Kotno
2018-05-07
2022-04-30
  • Lah Kotno

Lah Kotno - 2018-05-07

I tried everything I knew but I am still unable to use command 'duplicate tour' which is all the time grayed out and thus unaccessable. I'd like to use same tour for two persons. thnx for any help.

• Lah Kotno

Lah Kotno - 2018-05-07

Hi Wolfgang,

first of all thank you for your prompt answer. I use your sw for few weeks and I found out it is a great product which almost perfectly suits my needs. Only remark is connected with my previous question. Some activities are done with my girlfriend (with my garmin devices) so I would like to archive also her achievements. Maybe there is already future request but anyway - have you considered about option to assign more people to one tour and then make it available thrue filters like it is now? I beleive this is more user friendly as importing tour two times.

Thnx for your answer in advanced.

• Mick

Mick - 2022-04-27

hi,
    i am often in the same situation : need to import the same tour as mine, for my wife follow up, as she forgot "often" her gps :)

But it is "always" a nightmare to import a fit file (a tour) twice. I am really not sure to fully understand the logic.
    https://mytourbook.sourceforge.io/mytourbook/index.php/documentation/get-tours/documentation-get-tours-tour-id

to be able to import twice the same fit file : does the option "create a unique tour id with recording time" must be ticked or not ?

or, my little fear, could it be this process : import first time one file = option unticked and then need to tick the option to import the second time the same file ?

Thanks for clarification.

• Wolfgang ch

Wolfgang ch - 2022-04-30

to be able to import twice the same fit file : does the option "create a unique tour id with recording time" must be ticked or not ?

You can use either of these options, it doesn't matter when you use always the same. The tour ID is mainly used to identify already existing imported/saved tours.

As documented in https://github.com/mytourbook/mytourbook#user-content-other you can add the command line parameter -DcreateRandomTourId then every imported/saved tour will have a unique tour ID with the disadvantage, that already imported/saved tour cannot be recognized in the tour import view or in the easy import tool.