Menu

install on webdrive hosting provider ???

snirp
2007-01-19
2012-09-19
  • snirp

snirp - 2007-01-19

Hi there,

I am trying to get mysqldb 1.2.1 working on my website, with permission (without cooperation) of my hosting provider.

I have the site-package files and [_mysql.so] installed on the webdrive. The location is added to pythonpath. Still ModPython raises the following error:

ImproperlyConfigured: Error loading MySQLdb module: libmysqlclient_r.so.15: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Which is one of the shared mySQL files needed by mysqldb.

• Why am i getting this error?

• Is this file indeed missing or is the path to it wrong?

• Will this file be found and used if i put it on pythonpath?

The webserver is running Fedora core 4 and mysql 4 or 5.

Thanks

• snirp

snirp - 2007-01-19

Yeah, i'll try and find out which version MySQL they have and what compilation of mysqldb I have received (someone compiled it for me on linux). Thought it wouldn't matter since mysqldb 1.2.1 runs on every version from MySQL 3.2. Now I guess it does matter after compiling.

So, I will thirst find out their version of MySQL and then the right <_mysql.so>. Where would i get that? A friendly linux user or are there direct sources?

• Andy Dustman

Andy Dustman - 2007-01-20

You can use any version of MySQL from 3.23 to 5.0, but you have to make sure you have the same version of the libraries as the one used for compilation. A static build eliminates this problem since the MySQL libraries are included within _mysql.so.

• Andy Dustman

Andy Dustman - 2007-01-19

MySQL 4 OR 5? Shouldn't you know? Most likely it does not have 5.0. libmysqlclient_r.so.15 is the library version for MySQL-5.0. Chances are your MySQLdb was built for 5.0 but the host has an older version. You might be able to copy it into PYTHONPATH, but another option is to edit site.cfg to use a static build. (You'll need to run setup.py clean before building.)