Need Documentation and midp exampls MXQuery

ravibabu80
2007-09-26
2013-06-05
  • ravibabu80

ravibabu80 - 2007-09-26

Hi,

i have not found any documentation for the MXQuery, And There is no sample examples for cldc devices.

if anybody having documentation for mxquery and samples please let me know.

thanks,
    ravi

• Peter M. Fischer

Dear Ravi,

thanks for the interest in MXQuery.

When looking at your post, I just noticed that we have packaged the wrong README.txt in the mxquery-src-0.4 package. We will fix that with the next version.

Let me briefly quote out of the correct Readme:
      ----
      Building:
              [...]
              2) CLDC version
              ant 1.6.5 or newer required
              Sun WTK 2.2 or newer required (invoked via antenna, included in the
              distribution)
              Call ant build.xml midp_wtk, and mxquery_midp.jad/mxquery_midp.jar are
              built and placed into dist/
      [...]
      Usage on mobile devices:
              Run mxquery_midp.jad/jar in your emulator or mobile device
              Runs successfully in WTK2.2 and WTK 2.5
      ----

There is a (very simple) usage example in midp_src/ch/ethz/mxquery/mobile/MIDP.java

Does this help?

Best Regards,
      Peter

• ravibabu80

ravibabu80 - 2007-09-28

Hi pm_fischer,

Thank you for response to my post.Actually the example MIDP.java did not helping me.Actully what i have to do is, I'm having an XML file in mobile device, I don't know how to create the Doc object for that XML and pass it to the Query??.i have to query that xml and i have to do insert,delete,update.... the details like database.But there is no example of doing like that,But i found in source classes to do that like insert,delete,insertAfter..But i don't know how to use them in my midlet.If any example regarding that please send me.

Thanks
      Ravi Babu

• Rodney Barbati

Rodney Barbati - 2012-08-01

Ravi,

In general, input sources are not passed to xquery - the xquery generally pulls it.  What you can pass to an xquery are generally URI - pointers to your input source document.  i.e. file://some/path/to/document.xml for local files, http://host/path/to/document.xml.  For these types of sources, you would use the doc() function to "mount" the source - something like…

for $myXML in doc(URIGoesHere)
    return

Hope this helps some.