Menu

petsc mingw-w64-i686-toolchain dllimport error

Chaffra
2015-06-09
2015-11-17
  • Chaffra

Chaffra - 2015-06-09

Hi,

I am trying to build petsc with the msys2 shell and the mingw toolchain NOT the msys2 gcc compiler. I am getting an error of the type

error: function 'void petscmemmove_(void, void, size_t, int)' definition is marked dllimport

and warnings like

warning: 'PetscErrorCode PetscSegBufferGetSize(PetscSegBuffer, size_t*)' redeclared without dllimport attribute: previous dllimport ignored

Any idea what can cause these errors? Am I better off building with the msys2-gcc?

Last edit: Chaffra 2015-06-09
  • Matthieu Vachon

Matthieu Vachon - 2015-06-09

Hi,

I assume you want to use the Mingw64 toolchain. In which case, start with the mingw64_shell.bat file instead. This files set up environment correctly to use the Mingw64 toolchain out of the box.

You should have more success like this. Checkout the wiki, there is this kind of information about building software in MSYS2.

Regards,
    Matt

• Chaffra

Chaffra - 2015-06-09

Hi Matt,

thanks for the answer but that's what I did. I am running from the mingw32_shell.bat. As a matter of fact the library (petsc) builds when running from msys2_shell using msys2-gcc but it does not build with the mingw-i686 toolchain...

In fact the error is

petsc-3.5.2/src/sys/utils/ftn-auto/memcf.c:47:34: error: function 'void petscmemcmp_(void, void, size_t, PetscBool, int*)' definition is marked dllimport

as if the dllimport declaration is invalid.

Last edit: Chaffra 2015-06-09
  • Matthieu Vachon

Matthieu Vachon - 2015-06-10

Sorry Chaffra, when I read msys2 shell, I thought you were using the msys2_shell.bat script, that confused me.

I would advise creating a PKGBUILD file where the problem is reproducible. This always reduce the burden of other developers who could give you some insights about the problem.

It's possible the package does not compile with mingw out of the box. You may need to patch it a bit. The wiki as some information about it.

Good luck and report the progress here.

Matt

• David Macek

David Macek - 2015-11-17

It's possible the software has some support for Windows (judging by the presence of dllimport), but it needs some additional parameters to specify the correct build type. Maybe?