Menu

Multiple Bugs list > v 6.2.3

Bugs
2023-05-23
2023-05-23
  • AndroidFreud

AndroidFreud - 2023-05-23

Hello again!

Don't know if you remember me but I had done a full summary wishlist and buglist earlier that you replied to very positively, so here's another one on a more specific topic

To give/re-create the use scenario: Took a 1920 x 1080 .mov (duration around 500 frame) and loaded it into mrViewer. Then started doing drawovers and text notes.
    Version: mrViewer 64 bit 6.2.3 - Aug 28 2022 on Windows 10

Did another round of checks this time in terms of using mrViewer for review purposes and found the following:

1. Biggest Issue found! Saving a reel that has annotations/text markups doesn't save all the notes made! This can be a big dealbreaker for many as I tried doing some drawings and wrote lots of notes, saved the Reel couple of times. But when trying to do the Save> GL Snapshots As, it would crash and when re-opening the .reel, half the annotations had disappeared. Tried it multiple times and for the moment
    2. When writing text annotations, hitting enter goes to the next line with a single line spacing. But when re-opening the .reel again, the text has a (sometimes) 5-6 line spacing between the text instead of single line / normal spacing
    3. When writing text annotations, please for the love of God, add a scroll bar to be able to choose the font or at the least, be able to type the letters and the font shortens to the letters chosen. I have over 2000 fonts and to select something towards the end, there is no other option but to use the down arrow and wait till it reaches the end of the fonts listed. If the session is closed and re-opened again, unfortunately the font defaults back to Arial again and we need to do the same process all over again
    4. Is there a better way to do the GL snapshot save option? At first, I had it on another monitor with the window maximized. Since the display size was different, the video kept exporting at a skewed angle. A search showed you mentioned it captures it at the display size, so on resizing it down to approx. 1920 x 1080, the videos exported ok. But since I resized manually, it didn't match to another Full HD video I tried to join it with > Would be awesome if there was a quick way to change the display size (480p/720p/FullHD/4K, etc)
    5. Switching between the eraser, drawing tool, text all uses the same size value. It would be great if each tool retained their last used size (even after closing and re-opening mrViewer) or some way to save it in the preferences (like default font used, size of text/drawing tool/eraser
    6. Similarly, it would be cool to have some swatches to save repeatedly used colors
    7. For drawing, it would be awesome if the line quality was less aliased and more smoothed. I guess asking for brushes is maybe asking for too much at this stage but maybe if there was a Smoothing function (like in Photoshop, the brush has a smoothing percentage factor) to give cleaner / smooth line work. The free Autodesk Sketchbook has some awesome template tools and a super clean /easy interface to help do drawovers a lot easier and this would be a huge bonus as even Shotgrid/Syncsketch etc do not have this option (although Syncsketch works way better than Shotgrid's terrible drawing / annotation tools

That's it for now, but to be honest, the biggest problem is Point No, 01>>
    The ability to save the Reel without losing information as this becomes a deal breaker for even testing the software if we just keep losing work by using mrViewer. **

Apart from that, thanks for this absolutely lovely piece of software and please keep it running like Blender! It definitely has a great future ahead!

That's it for now. Once again, love your software!!

Last edit: AndroidFreud 2023-05-23
  • ggarra13

ggarra13 - 2023-05-23

Development of mrViewer has stopped. I have moved to rewriting it as the name of mrv2. Some of the things you mentioned have already been addressed in mrv2. Others are missing.

You can find mrv2 (currently at v0.5.4) at:

https://www.github.com/ggarra13/mrv2

or:

https://www.sourceforge.net/p/mrv2/files

Last edit: ggarra13 2023-06-06