I am submitting a patch against mpg321-0.2.10 that
addresses the following issues:
1. make http://some.server.name (no trailing slash) work
2. support shoutcast.pls files. For example,
$ mpg321 http://somafm.com/beatblender.pls
will now parse the returned playlist data and find the
next available URL in the channel list.
3. change HTTP User-Agent string to be "xmms/1.2.7" so
that shoutcast servers will return an mpeg stream
instead of refusing the connection.
4. support icecast meta-data in Remote mode. For example,
$ mpg321 -R -
@I D Zihan Kamien - Wheres Johny Sabatino
@I Hefner - Everyday
5. included the fix for the "http streams skip bug"
(#750824). Checks the result of read() in mad.c's
I implemented item #2 so that I can specify a .pls URL
in a client program like irmp3 and not care whether the
actual shoutcast server IP address changes.
I implemented item #4 so that client programs like
irmp3 can have the Artist and Title updated via lcdproc
throughout the course of listening to a shoutcast stream.
This patch was tested on Redhat 8.0 and 9.0 Linux with
Log in to post a comment.