Menu

Cannot open portfolio

Help
2007-03-14
2013-04-24
  • Eric Schultz

Eric Schultz - 2007-03-14

I'm trying to use Venice 0.71b and I created a portfolio.  But whenever I try to re-open it I get stuck on the Open dialog forever (with "Loading..." and animated progress bar and "Please wait...").  I can cancel, and Venice still seems to be running fine.  But I can never get into the portfolio.

Any ideas what is wrong? 

I'm running Windows XP SP2 with automatic updates, and Java -version says 1.5.0_11-b03 (and Java updates are activated).

Schultzter - www.schultzter.ca

• Andrew Leppard

Andrew Leppard - 2007-03-18

It's hard to say what is going wrong. Does the portfolio load correctly in 0.7b but not 0.71b? It could be that it's having problems accessing your quote source (e.g. if the quotes are stored in MySQL). Can you list quotes in a table without problems?

Can you create and load an empty portfolio? Venice's portfolios are user editable in any text editor. You could copy your portfolio and try removing entries until it works. Once we know the difference we might be able to figure out what the problem is. Your portfolios are located in C:/Documents and Settings/<User>/Venice/Portfolio/

bye
      Andrew

--
      Merchant of Venice,
      Open Source Trading Software
      http://mov.sourceforge.net/