I tried testing morphix installer(m-i) with the new
Morphix base basemod-2.6.15-2006-03-20_0030.iso using
gnome 2.10 as my main module..
The morphixinstaller version 0.5-2 till 0.5-9 was used
to test installing on the Acer power F1 machine.
I could not make m-i(0.5-2 till 0.5.6) work. It gave
segmentation Fault error as reported in the mailing list.
m-i(0.5-7 and 0.5-8) worked nicely.
Then there was an interesting case with the m-i 0.5-9
where I could make it work one time and then the iso
made with that installer refused to work any more. I
tested it by making different iso (where I reinstalled
it) with the m-i 0.5-9 installer and failed miserably.
I created deb files from the all the m-i (0.5-2 till
0.5-9) source files
after compiling wiht gcc-3.3 and g++-3.3.
I found out that compiling m-i with the gcc-4.0 and g++
4.0 gave segmentation error even with the old base.
I have successfull tested m-i0.5-9 with the
MorphixbBse-0.5-pre5.iso using the gnome 2.10 main module..
The notes on creating the livecd, modification of the
Morphix base and work with the morphix installer can be
Log in to post a comment.