Menu

Duplicate a Line in medit

Adam T
2012-01-05
2023-02-07
  • Adam T

Adam T - 2012-01-05

Hello all. If you're using medit as a code editor, at some point you might wish to duplicate the current line of text or code.

The script lines below will accomplish duplicating the current line as pointed to by (where) the cursor sits.  The line itself does not have to be selected.  The cursor can be at any point on that line (even the middle of a sentence) and the script below will duplicate that line.

First, create a "New" tool by clicking the icon with the "+" symbol under Preferences->Tools->Tools menu
    Second, name the tool something like "Duplicate line"

Settings:
    Files (leave empty)
    Requires: Document
    Save: Nothing
    Type: Lua script

Third, in the code editing area (above the "Apply", "Cancel", "OK" buttons), paste in these 3 lines:

orign = doc.get_line_text()
    endposition = doc.get_pos_at_line_end(doc.get_line_at_cursor())
    doc.insert_text('\n' .. orign, endposition)

What do these 3 lines do?

The first line gets the text of whichever line the cursor is currently on. This can be a blank line. A variable "orign" is used to signify the "original" line of text that you will duplicate.

The second line determines (and then jumps) to the end of the line where the cursor is sitting. This is necessary to prevent the script from chopping out part of your current line just before duplicating it.

The third line basically inserts the text (your current line, starting at the end position.

I claim no responsibility, use at your own risk. It does work.

• Nobody/Anonymous

Hi to all, since I am in fact keen of reading this webpages post to be updated daily. It consists of pleasant information.
    gw2 gold http://www.guildwars2star.com

• Mahdi sarlak

Mahdi sarlak - 2019-02-09

پیش فروش پروژه دیپلمات
      برج دیپلمات از 14 طبقه تشکیل شده که 3طبقه آن برای پارکینگ است پارکینگ های در نظر گرفته شده برای ساکنین و مازاد بر آن است تعداد واحد های کلی برج دیپلمات 84 واحد است که در هر طبقه ((((()))) واحد ساخته خواهد شد .3 لاین آسانسور به صورت کلی برای برج دیپلمات در نظر گرفته شده که این آسانسور ها از آخرین علم روز دنیا بهره میبرند به صورتی که افراد داخل کابین آسانسور ایستادن و حرکت کردن آسانسور را متوجه نمی شوند (آسانسور های هتلینگ 3VF )
      املاک پاستور

• Nobody/Anonymous

Hello my family member! I wish to say that this article is amazing, great written and include almost all significant infos. Id like to see more posts like this .
    coco chanel http://cocochanel.onsugar.com/

• Nobody/Anonymous

the gold is low cost?
    Cheap wow gold http://www.cheapwowgold.ca/

• Nobody/Anonymous

Fantastic beat ! I wish to apprentice while you amend your web site, how can i subscribe for a blog web site? The account helped me a acceptable deal. I had been a little bit acquainted of this your broadcast offered bright clear idea
    chanel purse http://chanelpurseonline.weebly.com/

• Nobody/Anonymous

This information is invaluable. Where can I find out more?
    hermes bags http://hermesbags.v5s7.com

• Nobody/Anonymous

LOL What is so ridiiculous almost all the hostility being shown on here to individuals who provided a service and benefited from it. All this "get a business life" nonsense is laughable especially by way of gamers. Very surprising reaction indeed. And at least get it right if you are planning to rant - associated with the $1 estimated million was accumulated over 32 a while, not a single choose.
    buy diablo 3 gold http://www.diablo3golds.ca/BuyGold.html

• mahdi

mahdi - 2018-04-28

I do agree with all of the ideas you have offered on your post. They’re very convincing and will certainly work. Still, the posts are very quick for novices. May just you please extend them a bit from next time? Thank you for the post.سئو

• samdesignershouse

very good website
    good luck dear
    چاپ دیجیتال

• mohammadaminsdeghi

it is veygood site.
    inshalla good luck sir.
    آفر تور استانبول

• sharifbar

sharifbar - 2019-03-03

It was very helpful and comprehensive. Thanks for visiting our website

Last edit: sharifbar 2020-08-11
  • smoel

smoel - 2019-11-24

هدلایت

خرید هدلایت با بهترین کیفیت و توضیح انواع هدلایت در سایت بالا ، جهت کسب اطلاعات بیشتر به سایت بالا سر بزنید

• vidasadeghi

vidasadeghi - 2019-11-29

تلویزیون شهری هما تولید کننده تلویزیون شهری با بهترین قیمت برای خرید و اجاره

• samdesignershouse

چاپ دیجیتال کارت ویزیت در انواع مختلفی در شرکت خانه طراحان سام انجام می پذیرد

• sharifbar

sharifbar - 2020-08-11

موسسه حمل بار و اثاثیه منزل تهران شریف بار ارائه دهنده خدمات اسباب کشی به سراسر تهران توسط کادری مجرب و با اخلاق بصورت شبانه روزی
    باربری و اتوبار در شمال تهران
    باربری صادقیه غرب تهران

• smoel

smoel - 2020-12-05
    Post awaiting moderation.
  • reza amiri

reza amiri - 2021-06-10

طراحی ویلا کلاسیک اصولی با انرژی صفر برای اولین بار در ایران ویلای اکولوژیکی طبیعت گرا بودن آن جهت استفاده بیشتر نور خورشید و صرفه جویی انرژی مشخص میشود ساخته شده مواد طبیعی و تجدید پذیر، دیزاین خلاقانه و یکپارچه محیط اطراف، ساخت ویلا نمونه آنها گونه ای طراحی شده اند که بطور جزئی یا کاملاً مستقل کار کنند آنها راحتی زندگی مدرن سازگار هستند، ویلا کلاسیک اما عین حال یک سبک زندگی اکولوژیکی ترویج می کنند استراحتگاه های دریا یا جنگل میتوان زیر آنها طبقه بندی کرد.

• reza amiri

reza amiri - 2021-06-10

نکات مهم در ساخت ویلا اولین قدم در نقشه ساخت ویلا ، ایجاد یک نقشه و طرح مناسب می باشد. ساخت ویلا ارزان طرحی که کامل و جامع باشد و تمامی اصول مهندسی در آن رعایت شده باشد. یعنی باید در اجرای نقشه از تمامی همکاران و هم فکری آنها استفاده شود. معماران، مهندسین تاسیسات برقی، استادکاران و… که باید همگی طرح و نقشه خود را برای طراحی شهرک ویلایی ذکر کرده و مناسب ترین آنها انتخاب شود. قیمت متری ساخت ویلا هر یک از متخصصین، برنامه های خود را با صرف هزینه مشخص انجام می دهند و در هر مرحله هزینه آنها به شخص صاحب ویلا ارائه می شود.

• reza amiri

reza amiri - 2021-06-10

• nazan

nazan - 2023-02-07
    Post awaiting moderation.