Problem scanning files. Freezing on xvid

Help
barryss
2011-12-13
2013-05-29
  • barryss

barryss - 2011-12-13

Hi,
    I'm new at minidlna / linux thing. I have a problem with minidlna running on opensource router TP-LINK TL-WR1043ND. Looks like it works fine. I have few movie folders. One folder is scanned full. No problems. Second folder stops always on the same file. 1.36gb xvid + mp3 file. Other xvids are working. In debug mode i see that it scans 4 files before that one without problem and fast. When it comes to that file it stops on it for 15 minutes and its not added to media list. No more files is added. Same is with mkv movies. I didn't succeded to add mkv files.
    As i suppose the problem could be with ffmpeg. But i don't know how to find that or check version of ffmeg libs.
    Can anyone help me to solve the problem?

• Justin Maggard

Justin Maggard - 2011-12-13

Where are you getting your binaries from?  Are you compiling minidlna yourself?

• barryss

barryss - 2011-12-13

No, I'm not compiling it myself. I get the backfire package compiled for ar71xx from http://ecco.selfip.net/backfire/ar71xx/packages/. I've tried minidlna and minidlna-cvs.
    I've tested the problem some more time. I've noticed that minidlna scans 4 files communicating that it recognized avi container. The fifth folder contains also an avi file. Scanning ends without info about avi container. It's scanned for about 15 minutes and it ends scanning on that folder. Next folders are not scanned. Minidlna goes to next step, to playlist adding. And here also 4 files added, and 15 mins freeze on fifth file. Like it don't recognize the file. The same thing is with mkv. No communicate about video container.