Custom sort order?

Help
Shadow128
2014-04-24
2014-04-24
  • Shadow128

Shadow128 - 2014-04-24

Hello,

yesterday I installed minidlna on my dockstar, which is working very good. In my case I stream from my dockstar to my Yamaha AV-Receiver.

But I've one (little?) problem.
    When I connect to it and go to my audio folder, I get several filter options (like Album, All Music, Artist, ...).
    But everything is sorted from A-Z.
    Is it possible to configure the server, that everything in "All Music) is sorted by last modified date?

Or it is only possible with a custom playlist?
    And here's the next question ;-)
    Is there a tool with which I can create my own playlist with the sort order above?

Thanks in advance,
    Shadow128

• buhtz

buhtz - 2017-04-09

I am interested in some sorting things, too. The question is quite old but I hope someone can take and answer it.

I do "Music -> Artist -> All albums". Then there is a list of tracks/titles. But they are sorted from A to Z per album. It looks like that the albums are sorted and then inside of them the tracks are sorted from A to Z.

I would like to have all tracks of all albums from A to Z.

I am not familar with the DLNA protocoll. The question is which part is responsible for that sorting. Is it the client or the server? Or isn't it possible to answer it so clear?

• Shrimpkin

Shrimpkin - 2017-04-23

Client requests with a sort order. Server responds with the request sort order. minidlna has a force sort option that will override the client's requested sort order. It does work as long as the client does not apply further client-side sorting. In that case, you're OOL.