Menu

Mac port coming soon!

Mike Wiese
2004-06-13
2004-06-18
  • Mike Wiese

Mike Wiese - 2004-06-13

I've got mfstool running on Mac OS X. Heck of a lot easier to use an external FireWire case than it is to rip apart a PC.

Haven't done much testing, but all the tools appear to be working. I have even been able to restore a backup made on the PC.

I have never checked in any code to sourceforge before, so I'm not sure what the etiquette is. I used Xcode. I'm not familiar with autoconf/automake.

• Steven Lang

Steven Lang - 2004-06-18

For the most part, etiquette is like any other development project, and varies by project. You have to be a member of the project to get write access.  I haven't put much thought into project policies, to be honest..  I'm not one to make a lot of policies and guidelines.  Call me a fool if you will, but I tend to like to trust people to do the Right Thing.

If you're not using autoconf/automake yet, don't be too concerned.  The main thing I care about is that there should be a common source tree, and everything should be able to build from that source tree.  Ideally they would build with the same tools, as well.  But that can be worked on as needed.

For features in testing, work in a branch until it is ready.  I've also done this in the past for new versions - you'll notice there is a branch for 2.0 in there.  It has since been merged back into the head revision.