USC module error: NumberFormatException

Help
Anonymous
2010-05-09
2013-05-20
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2010-05-09

Hello,

I am trying to run the USC module (TMEV in Windows XP). When I select the Delta/Rho parameters in the Choose Your Parameters Dialog Box, I get this error :

java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "0,5"
      at sun.misc.FloatingDecimal.readJavaFormatString(Unknown Source)
      at java.lang.Double.valueOf(Unknown Source)
      at java.lang.Double.<init>(Unknown Source)
      at org.tigr.microarray.mev.cluster.gui.impl.usc.USCRow.getFRho(USCRow.java:83)
      at org.tigr.microarray.mev.cluster.gui.impl.usc.USCGUI.trainThenClassify  (USCGUI.java:194)
      at org.tigr.microarray.mev.cluster.gui.impl.usc.USCGUI.execute(USCGUI.java:144)
      at org.tigr.microarray.mev.MultipleArrayViewer$7.run(MultipleArrayViewer.java:2609)
      at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Is it a problem of coma/dot in the values ? The values of my input file are displayed with dots. The first screen of the USC module displays the advanced parameters (Corr Low/Corr High/Corr Step) with dots. However, in the Choose Your Parameters Dialog Box, the values (Avg Genes/Delta/Rho) are displayed with coma, in contrast to the MeV Manual where these values are displayed with dots. How can I correct this problem ? I need to analyse my data urgently with this module.

Thanks in advance for your help.

• Eleanor Howe

Eleanor Howe - 2010-05-13

Hi Nico,

I'm having trouble replicating this error. Can you tell me which version of MeV you are using? I recommend using all dots for putting numbers into MeV; commas should not work.

Eleanor

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2010-05-13

Hi Eleanor,

Thanks for your answer. I am using the last version 4.5.1 of MeV and the version 1.6.0_20 of Java Runtime Environment. The decimal symbol is configured with dots in my system, and I am using only dots into MeV. So, I don't understand why the values are displayed with comma in the Choose Your Parameters Dialog Box. The other modules run without any problems.

Nico

• Eleanor Howe

Eleanor Howe - 2010-05-18

Hi Nico,

I don't know why commas are being displayed either; I'm trying to remove them so we don't have this problem again. Do you see a stack trace in your MEV console window when you get this error? If so, can you email that to my Sourceforge email address? It would help me get this issue fixed.

Eleanor