MESON PLAYER - short description.
MESON PLAYER - The music player with no GUI.
Version: 0.6 (beta)
(c) Alkatraz Studio, 2012
Meson Player is a very convenient audio player if you don't need any flashy GUI to control a playback or manage playlists. You just run it and then forget about it. The player is running in a background. Switching tracks, volume control, loading and saving playlists, all of this can be done via global hotkeys. Therefore, you can control the player while working in any application.
- no GUI (except a tray popup menu, but you can hide the tray icon as well)
- controlled via global hotkeys
- supports a lot of stream/tracker formats
- additional formats support can be added by plugins
- supports Internet radio stations
- supports CUE sheets
- can control system audio volume
- a big variety of options allows to change the app's behavior and appearance
- Last.FM scrobbling
1. Right-click on any folder with music or a playlist;
2. Choose "Open in Meson Player" from a context menu.
The complete manual can be found at manual/index.html. Also you can open that manual from the application. Choose Help > Manual from the tray context menu.
If you want to help a project, the best you can is to report a bug that you have found.
To submit a bug, follow this link:
If have other suggestions on how to improve the project, for example, about new functionality, you can use the same link above.
Also, you can mail me directly:
firstname.lastname@example.org - Alexey Parfenov