Menu

mediatomb and FC6

Help
Devanchya
2007-01-08
2013-05-30
  • Devanchya

Devanchya - 2007-01-08

Has there been any testing of the pre-release on Fedora Core 6 yet?
    I've downloaded the yum install and have all the needed parts installed in the system however the current Configure does not find the proper pieces:

sqlite3       : yes
    mysql         : missing
    libjs         : missing
    libmagic      : yes
    libexif       : missing
    taglib        : missing
    id3lib        : missing
    libextractor  : disabled

libjs locate:
    /usr/lib/firefox-1.5.0.9/libjsj.so
    /usr/lib/firefox-1.5.0.9/components/libjsd.so

libmagic:
    /usr/lib64/libmagic.a
    /usr/lib64/libmagic.so
    /usr/lib64/libmagic.so.1
    /usr/lib64/libmagic.so.1.0.0
    /usr/share/man/man3/libmagic.3.gz

taglib and id3lib are located in the right document locations.  This is mysql5.

Wonder if this is the case of the firefox js again... and perhaps the code is not auto-configuring to find lib64 builds. 

• Jin

Jin - 2007-01-08

Actually I am using FC6 when developing MediaTomb, you are probably missing the -devel packages, in order to compile you also need the development headers for the libraries: js-devel, libexif-devel and so on.

Greetings,
      Jin

• Devanchya

Devanchya - 2007-01-09

Doh.
      I feel like a fool.  This a new build and Yum wasn't setup to auto-download the devel with the standard install like my other machines.

sorry for any confusion guys.

• Jin

Jin - 2007-01-09

Hi,

we already do have some volunteers for Xbox testing, unfrotunately we have not yet had time to add all functionality that is required to make it work with the Xbox. No surprise - MS does not follow the UPnP standard but does thing in a very own way. You can get more infromation here:
      http://wiki.simplecenter.org/display/DEV/XBox360+Streaming

If you set the modelname and friendly name (<model> and <name> tags in the <server> section of our config.xml) you should probably see the server from the Xbox, but as I understand you will not be able to play all content.

We plan to add full support, but right now we are concentrating on the 0.9 release.

Greetings,
      Jin