Menu

viewing video with plugplayer for iphone

Help
Duc
2011-03-19
2013-05-30
  • Duc

Duc - 2011-03-19

Hi. I have setup mediatomb on my ubuntu server and using plugplayer to listen to my media files. The audio is working; however, I am having trouble setting up the video part. The plugplayer can see the video files but it doesn't play. I may have configured the config.xml file incorrectly. If any have the same setup as I do and or know what I am doing wrong, please share.  I used the lazy man config file found here.
    http://www.vanalboom.org/node/14

The plugplayer only plays apple format ending ing .mp4. On the config.xml file, I have changed the profile from video/mpeg to video/mp4. Still it doesn't play. Thank you.

• Duc

Duc - 2011-04-08

I've contacted plugplayer admin and he has tried to help me with this issue. He concluded that mediatomb doesn't have the video file extension at the end of the url.

For example. When I browse within the mediatomb gui, if I click on a video link file, it shows a path to download the file and not play it.  I am guessing why mediatomb wouldn't show the full path with the extension  instead. For plugplayer to stream video, it needs to show the extension.

If anyone is using plugplayer, please explain how you got it to work.