Menu

Is it possible to compile mediatomb in win32

2005-05-24
2013-05-30
  • YuChung Wang

YuChung Wang - 2005-05-24

As title.

It seems that the magic file is the major issue.

• Jin

Jin - 2005-05-24

well... I would rather say that the UPnP SDK is the issue here... I could not find a win32 version so far.

assuming that there would also be a win32 version of the SDK I think that it would be fairly easy to get mediatombcode running, we use anything fancy/too-os-specific. easiest would be to try it in a cygwin environment, I do not know much about mingw (or whatever the name is).

I also think that there is a win32 filemagic port.. if not we could live without it. the 0.8 version will have additional options in the config file, where you will be able to set mime-types by the file extension.

on the other hand we are using much more stuff in 0.8 now... we have ID3 tag support (id3lib), scriptable virtual containers (mozilla-spidermonkey)... I have not yet looked if those things are available for windows.

• YuChung Wang

YuChung Wang - 2005-05-29

id3lib works under win32.

The spermonkey should works under win32 since mozilla itself works under win32.

The major problem will be libupnp.

• Jin

Jin - 2005-05-30

Well.. I am surely not the one to have a go at it. I do not work with Windows at all... we would of course support in porting the MediaTomh code, allthough I believe that not much has to be done there.

So if anyone out here would like to try to get libupnp over to windows... anyone? :)

In the meantime we managed to compile it for OSX, so we will try to bring out an OSX release of MediaTomb.

• jason

jason - 2005-05-30

how about cygwin?

• YuChung Wang

YuChung Wang - 2005-06-06

I believe that it should work since the new Intel SDK can be compiled without any problem by using cygwin. However, I have no time to try it. If anyone will or have does it, please share with us.

• Jin

Jin - 2005-06-06

new Intel SDK? I was not aware of the fact that they released one... which license does it have and where do I find it?

I tried compiliing libupnp 1.2.1a under cygwin, but it did not work.

• YuChung Wang

YuChung Wang - 2005-06-06

OOPS! It seems that A windows's port will be a little bit tricky.