Menu

Movies scraping taking a long time

2017-11-22
2017-11-27
  • Lucas Hicks

Lucas Hicks - 2017-11-22

Is it just me? But since the latest update scraping movies is taking quite some time. And the last six I scraped, using the latest version, wouldn't come up with any fanart?

• Lucas Hicks

Lucas Hicks - 2017-11-22

Some posters aren't coming in as well. Although I can manually get these from the poster tab. It's like it's timing out. And on the fanart tab it shows some downloading, then nothing.

• Rob

Rob - 2017-11-22

Hi Lucas

I assume TMDB scraping?
    Have checked with two new movies, and both scraped within 10 seconds. All artwork scraped as well.

• Lucas Hicks

Lucas Hicks - 2017-11-22

It was taking minutes to scrape each movie and still wasn't getting posters/fanart. Two days straight, I'll check again tonight and post again. Internet speed was good though, I did check that.

• Lucas Hicks

Lucas Hicks - 2017-11-22

Nope Still taking forever. I also notice that when I moved my settings folder out. Did a clean install and moved it back in that it had forgotten my naming convention and scraping folder. Is that normal?

• Lucas Hicks

Lucas Hicks - 2017-11-22

After it doesn't dowload the fanart, although MC says it did, I choose to manually download. This is the result.

• Rob

Rob - 2017-11-23

I have seen this before myself, but was not able to reproduce it.
    I suspect it was an issue with Internet Caching.

What location is Media Companion extracted to?
    Also, have you tried rebooting your router/modem? Cause I have had that block me from accessing some sites before. (but that is a big guess).

And, have you tried clearing the cache in Media Companion?
    Tools -> Empty Cache & Series folders -> Clean Cache Only.

• Lucas Hicks

Lucas Hicks - 2017-11-27

I decided to rescrape again today and all is well. I honestly have no idea why. I tried everything you said before the holiday here and nothing helped. Since then I did a driver update and have played around but couldn't tell you what happened. I'll try to catch this again if it happens.

Thanks for your time it is appreciated.

• Rob

Rob - 2017-11-27

No problem. I figure it may not be anything you did at all, but a Caching or Internet issue on the Internet.
    I've had scraping a movie take 5 minutes a couple of times, but usually its about 10~20 seconds per movie.