Menu

Problem with display of patch names

Help
2013-12-31
2015-09-28
  • Denis Barsalo

Denis Barsalo - 2013-12-31

The names of all the patches under the tree - both under "User" and "Preset" are messed up. For instance a patch called "Standard Clean" displays as "Sta dardC ea " or one called "Old Blues" displays at "dB ues " and one called "Jazz" displays only as "a".

It wasn't like that when I was running ME-25-Edit under Windows Vista. This seems to be happening now that I'm running Windows 7 64bit. Any advice?

• gumtownbassman

gumtownbassman - 2014-01-08

Having a few issues with the patch-tree names in the latest update, an issue with the latest framework designed for windows 8.1 and Mac Mavericks.
      I hope to fix this soon over the next few weeks...

• gumtownbassman

gumtownbassman - 2014-01-19

Hopefully this has now been resolved, have updated the windows and mac versions to support the latest operating systems.
      I no longer have an ME-25 to check it, so some feedback would be appreciated.

• Denis Barsalo

Denis Barsalo - 2014-02-14

Yeah,this last version is working correctly again. Although I did have some strange things going on - such as the wrong patch loading from the ME-25 - but I am not able to recreate it, so I've written off to user error. Thanks again for the app and for the fix!

• mark deakins

mark deakins - 2014-02-19

Well, no, it has not be resolved! I downloaded the ME-25 editor on 2-17-2014, and the patch names do not appear as they should in the file-tree. All I get is garbled-mish-mash numbers and little square boxes! Needless to say, because of the EXTREMELY vague documentation with this program, I spent 3 hours, trying to figure out why my patch names would not appear!!! Total frustration!!! Too damn bad I didn't find this discussion forum before that!!! Anyways, all I can do is hope that an update will happen soon to fix that problem!!!! It's a great program, even tho you need change the color on the FXs' that are active --------that yellow with white lettering is VERY hard on the eyes!!!!!

• gumtownbassman

gumtownbassman - 2014-02-21

Just ask and ye shall receive, the windows version has been updated, with your suggestions taken on board.
    Try it and let me know if you like it.

version 20140220

Last edit: gumtownbassman 2014-02-21
  • mark deakins

mark deakins - 2014-02-21

I like the new coloring update alot, thanks! Makes a big difference. I'm sorry to say tho, that I'm still getting little boxes in between each and every letter of the patch names. But, at least it's a step in the right direction, it's just a pain to read!!!!!! lol

• gumtownbassman

gumtownbassman - 2014-02-24

Not sure why that is happening to you, there could be a possibility the old patches on file or saved in the ME-25 still have the symbols/spaces already saved into the names.
    If you try re-naming a patch, write it to the ME-25, then read it again, does that help?

BTW: the windows version has been updated agian to include the solo functions.

• Denis Barsalo

Denis Barsalo - 2015-08-29

I've recently upgraded to Windows 10 and one of the very few issues I've had is the driver for the ME-25. Roland is keeping pretty quiet on whether they will develop a Windows 10, 64 bit driver for the ME-25. In the meantime, I cannot use ME-25 Edit since the computer doesn't recognize it when I plug it in the USB port. The Windows 8.1 driver doesn't work in Windows 10 either. Bummer...

• Denis Barsalo

Denis Barsalo - 2015-09-28

There is now a Windows 10 driver. It gets downloaded and installed automatically when you plug in and turn on the ME-25. Unfortunately, all the names of patches and library are displayed with squares between each letter. :-/