mdb-export didn't get UTF-8 properly from exported tables... smart
quotes, alpha, and beta symbols, among others weren't retained. Please
let me know if you'd like the database file.
(worked awesome otherwise though, thanks!)
Logged In: YES
I worked the whole day to solve this issue, as I plan to use mdb-tools in my project. I finally nailed down the problem source, which is a configuration issue (well, mostly). I compiled and installed libiconv 1-12 (which actually reports itself as 1-11). After that I compiled the mdbtools-cvs as
LIBS='-liconv' ./autogen --prefix=/usr --with-unixodbc=/usr --with-libiconv-dir=/usr && make && make install
The LIBS is necessary otherwise the configure script crashes on libiconv_open() not defined etc. which is an issue of iconv team, as I learnd from other posts.
Also I have a default install directory usr, so that's why such prefix.
Now, that was close, but still. I was playing a bit with src/iconv.c code file, but in vain. I realized even though compiled in, still not used by the actuall program run. Somehow, despite HAVE_ICONV in config.h defined as 1 (which is true I assume), the pre-compiler omitted HAVE_ICONV parts in files. I tried to figure out, but as I never did any coding in C and have no clue about autogen or libtool, I gave up and simply removed parts which precompiler was to decide.
To sum up: put grep "HAVE_ICONV" * -r into you terminal in cvs checkout root and remove corresponding parts from those *.c files. There are only a couple - guess iconv.c, file.c and mdbtools.h. Then re-compile and hurrra
I discovered that problems with UTF-8 support started between date
The problem for me was sloved when i put:
in the file mdbtools.h
diff -r mdbtools_2007_03_06/include/mdbtools.h mdbtools_2007_03_07/include/mdbto
< #include <config.h>
Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.