Menu

Proposal for new version, new features

2002-12-14
2013-04-16
  • Hannes Beinert

Hannes Beinert - 2002-12-14

I've been using MD5summer for quite awhile now, and have found it to be an extremely useful little utility.  There are a number of features I'd really like to have, however.  Since I'm not particularly familiar with Delphi, I've been toying with the idea of porting MD5summer to C/VC++ and adding some new features in the process.

I'm curious whether there would be any interest in this?

I would also love to generate a discussion of which new features might be desirable.  If you've ever requested a feature, or reported a bug, please add a comment to this thread.

Thanks!

• Nobody/Anonymous

Great Program, but I miss some advanced selection features similar as to find in "Advanced checksum verifier" www.irnis.net (shareware):

file filter: *.*

checkboxes:
      * Include subfolders
      * Override existing checksum files

select: Create checksum files...
      ...one for entire folders tree in any place
      ...one for entire folders tree in tree root
      ...one per folder with fixed name
      ...one per folder with folder name
      ...for each file

...by the way, sorry for the late reply (lol)

• Nobody/Anonymous

Hi,

I too think this little program is great and very usefull, and I'm very happy with it. I'm not sure to understand what you mean with these four folder operations, but on my point of view, the only really missing feature is an entry for this program in the context menue of folders in windows explorer to automatically create a .md5 file for all files in this forlder and subfolders. The name of the .md5 file shall be CheckSum.md5 so that it's fully automatic. And the same in the context menue of .md5 files to verify them in one click would be great too. :)

• Nobody/Anonymous

I just saw that to do this, no special configuration is required if we use the "send to" windows function (i.e. place a shortcut to md5summer in the SendTo folder of your windows account). All what's missing is a functionnality of md5summer to create automatically a .md5 file when the program receive a folder as argument. Currently, a folder as program argument seems to be ignored.

• Marco Ratto

Marco Ratto - 2006-11-02

Hi,
      Why don't rewritten in Java and Java Web Start ?
      So the tool becomes platform-independent.

regards.
      Marco

• Nobody/Anonymous

I must say a new version would be nice, but O gOD just not in java... that would be the death of this grate app.

and yes I would support the new development just say where I can download...

• Nobody/Anonymous

Please include a fix for the "file dates older than 1980" problem.