Menu

desperate: No bmp/png possible

Help
jeanzille
2007-11-24
2013-04-09
  • jeanzille

jeanzille - 2007-11-24

First of all let me extend a warm "Thank you" to the developer of this piece of software.
    I am a teacher for physics in Germany and want to use this software to integrate basic equations into my sheets handed out to the students.

I did a number of equations already, suddenly no equation can be exported. I do e.g.
    "gegeben:" "v" = 20 "km"╱"h" " und" "s" = 3 "km"
    get it by pressing the "ok" button into the upper part of the screen, do a CTR + C, drop it by CTR + V into the word document, as I did before, and get: Nothing but an empty graphics file.
    Also an export to BMP od PNG does not give anything more but a more or less empty file.

This is, btw., regardless of what I enter into the equation pane. Even such simple as a+b=c does not work anymore.

Does anyone have any idea what might go wrong? What more informations are to be posted in this forum in order to solve the problem?
    Thanks for any feedback!

Regards from Germany
    Jean

• Tom Chekam

Tom Chekam - 2007-11-24

Hello,

Check to see that your desktop color depth is 32bit. You can do this by right clicking on the desktop - > selecting properties -> selecting the settings tab -> in the color depth box make sure it is 32bit.

Also, when you copy an equation make sure there aren't any other windows on top of mathcast. and that all of mathcast's window is within the screen.

Let me know if it doesn't help.

Tom

• jeanzille

jeanzille - 2007-11-24

Tom,

thanks for your immediate help. The issue of color depth was set allright on my computer.

The problem was that some of MathCast's window was outside of the screen.

Now, as I have all of MathCast's window inside of the screen, it works fine again.

Regards from Germany
      Jean

• Jon Cole

Jon Cole - 2008-01-10

I'm new to MathCast and having the same problem. Created an Equation but can't export. I'm unclear on the comment by Jean regarding "some of MatchCast's window was outside of the screen."

I have tried with the MathCast window maximized and restored to a smaller size, but always the same results - I can create BMP and PNG files, but the files don't contain the equation.

• Tom Chekam

Tom Chekam - 2008-01-10

Please make sure you are you using version 0.88.

The problem happens, when mathcast's window is covered up by another window, even partially covered, or when mathcast's window is moved to the right, so that it is not entirely visible.

Like I wrote earlier, also check that the resolution is 32 bits, and not lower.

• Ben Lok

Ben Lok - 2009-01-04

I've tried keeping the mathcast window on top and also the 32bit check. Thats all fine.

But when I export it as a BMP or PNG into a folder, or simply copy and past the equation into openoffice writer it always displays a black box. HOWEVER when I first installed it, it worked fine. Only happened after a few minutes of working and hasn't been working since yesterday.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

DESPERATE!!!!

Ben

• Tom Chekam

Tom Chekam - 2009-01-05

Hi,

I'm not sure if there are other things I can suggest.

Sometimes, other applications like Messenger can be on top even if MathCast seems to be on top. Try to close all the other applications, and see if one of them is getting in the way.

Also make sure that MathCast's window is completely within the sceen. If you are using multiple monitor capability, maybe try to disable that.

Let me know if it helps,
      Tom