Menu

Matrix within a Matrix?

Help
2006-02-24
2013-04-09
  • John Maddock

John Maddock - 2006-02-24

First off congratulations on a very nice program, it's going to save me a lot of time.

However I have a problem: I'm using a matrix to represent a series of terms after a {  and it works very well.  However one of the terms contains binomial coefficients: which I would normally represent with another vector.  However I get a syntax error message if I try to embed a matrix/vector within my existing matrix, no matter how many grouping marks I put around it :-)

I haven't looked in detail into MathML, but I believe this should be supported, as MathML just uses nested blocks for matrices (rather like tables in HTML etc)?

Do you have any ideas how to work around this, or whether this might be supported in future versions?

Many thanks,

John Maddock.

• Tom Chekam

Tom Chekam - 2006-02-24

Thank you.

I'm sorry but MathCast doesn't support this feature as of yet. MathML does support it. Unfortunately, I am busy with another project nowadays, and I won’t have time to add this in the near future.

Try to see if you can use underscipt-overscript combinations.

Tom

• Nobody/Anonymous

Thanks for the suggestion: been there tried that and it doesn't quite look right :-(

Oh well never mind, thanks anyway,  John.