Welcome to the MantaJ! wiki pages.
Here you can find information about the MantaJ! installation and setup.
First of all, MantaJ! is intended to offer an easy way to manage and publish archival records, according to the ICA standard plus some more functionalities.
The very first steps to have MantaJ! ready to go are the following:
1) Install on your server space Joomla! 2.5.
2) Install the last version of MantaJ!.
3) Check, inside the Plugin Manager, that the SigPlus plugin is enabled (in order to show thumbnails and gallery of images inside your items descriptions).
4) Go to "Component", MantaJ! and use the tabs to insert the data.
5) Once done, create a Joomla! menu item and associate it to the desired MantaJ! view.
All fields include a tooltip to explain what information you are supposed to fill in and, whenever a field is standard compliant, this is stated explicitly referring to the standard name and number.
This wiki site is going to contain a more detailed description of each MantaJ! tab, so to give a better understanding on how to setup your digital archive.
A demo site is available here: www.cenacchi.altervista/manta (descriptions are in just for demo purpose, and are in italian only, so far, but MantaJ! is equippend with both italian and english language hence translations of fields names are already available).
Please feel free to contact me for any kind of bugs report, language report, or if you wish to contribute to the MantaJ! project at any level.
The wiki uses Markdown syntax.