Install problems

Help
teejmusic
2006-07-29
2013-04-17
  • teejmusic

teejmusic - 2006-07-29

Hello,

After clicking "Install", the progress bar completes, and the dialog box reads "Installed successfully", but the files do not appear as saved to the hard drive?

Same problem for both versions:

MacGLide 0.13a1
    MacGLide 0.12

I searched all over the hard drive and can't find them.  Tried installing in specific places too.  Tried running the game (Myst for OS 7 running in classic on Tiger) and looking for a sign of macglide during and after, but no luck?

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

TJ

• who me?

who me? - 2006-07-29

The file "3DfxGlideLib2.x" should be installed in the "System Extensions" folder in the "System Folder" (the one that contains OS9, not the "System" folder that contains the OS X stuff).

If you hit Apple-I to get the info about "3DfxGlideLib2.x" you see among others the version number.

In the "Preferences" folder in the "System Folder" there is the "MacGLide Settings" folder. In this one there is a log file.

Are these files installed?

• teejmusic

teejmusic - 2006-07-31

Thanks for the tips.  The file "3DfxGlideLib2.x" is indeed located at System Folder (OS 9)/Extensions.  When I checked "Get Info", the version is 0.13a1, however the created date is from a month ago.  I had never heard of this software before last week.  How could that be?  My date and time zone settings are correct.

Also, in System Folder (OS 9)/Preferences, there is not a folder called "MacGLide Setting, nor is there a log file.  I searched the entire system.  Are these files necessary?

I'm hoping to try and play Tomb Raider 1 through Classic on Tiger and understand I need this software.  But I have no idea how to access it, or what it's settings are etc.  Does it run in the background, or will I need to tweak it somehow?

I have not yet installed Tomb Raider.

Thanks for your help.

TJ

• who me?

who me? - 2006-07-31

The "created date" is when the software was created not the date you installed it.

You don't need the log file. It will be created as soon you use MacGlide. It shows you details of the last usages of MacGlide.

MacGlide will be used automatically if needed.
        With TR1 it will be used as soon as you choose 3DFX as renderer in the Tomb Raider Settings (of Tomb Raider, not Macglide).

• teejmusic

teejmusic - 2006-07-31

Ah....yes, I should have realized that about the date.  Sounds good on the log file.  Thanks for the tip on setting the renderer in TR settings.  Planning to try it tonight, will let you know.  Thanks again!  TJ

• teejmusic

teejmusic - 2006-08-02

It works!   Having a few issues with the movies, but it's not a big deal.  I will try troubleshooting those with the included readme help files.  Thank you for your help.