Menu

Error -116

Help
2007-03-02
2013-03-22
  • Richard Bornat

Richard Bornat - 2007-03-02

I'm having difficulty connecting to just one repository. All the settings look ok -- machine, ssh, user name, password -- but when I try to connect (3.0a3 and 3.0a4) it says

The checkout could not be completed because an error -116 occurred.

Now it's been a long time since I had a repository of Mac error numbers, and I can't find a log on either machine which records what's happening.

Manual checkout -- cvs -d :ext:.... -- works. So I'm baffled.

Oh, and by the way thanks for cvs remove in 3.0a4!!

Richard Bornat

• Fabrizio Toso

Fabrizio Toso - 2007-03-02

I can tell you that -116 corresponds to a memory manager error (size check failed)... but I don't have a clue about the cause.

Fabrizio

• Richard Bornat

Richard Bornat - 2007-03-02

Yes, I just dug up an ancient copy of MacErrors and found the same!

And on reading farther down the list, I realise it may be an SSH 2 problem. I see we don't have SSH 2 yet. If it's that (a) I apologise for raising it and (b) I'll shut up.

• Simon Fraser

Simon Fraser - 2007-03-02

It would be easy to add SSH2 support using the methods in the Security framework, and we could also rip out all the SSH1 code in there. Look in SecureTransport.h (SSLRead/SSLWrite etc). Any takers?

• James W. Walker

James W. Walker - 2008-01-10

I'm getting the same error when I boot my server as Leopard.  It works when I boot from a Tiger partition.  The repository is on a third partition.

• James W. Walker

James W. Walker - 2008-01-10

I compared /private/etc/sshd_config on the two partitions, and found that the Leopard one said Protocol 2 where the Tiger one used the default value, Protocol 2,1.  I tried changing the Leopard one to Protocol 2,1 and rebooting.  Now the error message is "The checkout could not be completed because the CVS server sent back a bad response." rather than -116.