Max is an application for creating high-quality audio files in various formats, from compact discs or files.
Max version 0.8 adds Leopard compatibility, a Spanish localization, cue sheet support, updated encoders and numerous bug fixes.
I've just released Max 0.7.1, a bug fix release which takes care of a few FLAC-related bugs found in 0.7.
- Seekpoints are now added to FLAC files.
- CDs now auto-eject correctly.
- APE files are now handled correctly on conversion.
- Album Art is now correctly exported to files.
- FLAC files containing empty comments no longer cause Max to crash.
- FLAC files now contain valid MD5 checksums.
- Album art is now added correctly to FLAC files.
After a very long break, I am happy to announce the release of Max 0.7.
This is a major new version. Please read the Release Notes (http://sbooth.org/Max/release_notes/point7/point7.html) for information on most of the changes.
Max 0.6.1 is a bug fix release for two major bugs found in 0.6. Problems with Apple Lossless conversion and AIFF creation have been fixed.
- Composer tag now written to AAC/Apple Lossless files
- Fixed conversion bug for Apple Lossless files
- Fixed Core Audio encoding bug for AIFF format
I am pleased to announce the release of Max 0.6!
0.6 brings a Dutch localization, WavPack support, a brand new ripping engine and fixes for enhanced CDs.
0.6 is by far the best release of Max yet- all users are encouraged to upgrade.
- Added Monkey's Audio support
- Added AppleScript support
- Added option to add encoded files to iTunes library
- Added ability to customize how output is tagged
- Added ability to download album art
- Added full Undo/Redo support
- Added disc-based Growl notifications
- Added album and track composer fields
- Added track comment field
- Added German localization
- Multiple selection allowed in Ripper/Converter/Encoder windows
- Improved metadata handling
- Upgraded Speex to 1.1.12
- Upgraded libsndfile to 1.0.15... read more
This version brings universal binary support and better FLAC and Ogg Vorbis metadata handling.
I am happy to announce the release of Max version 0.5.4. This is primarily a feature-enhancement release.
- Cue sheet support for MP3, AIFF and WAVE output
- Preliminary FLAC cue sheet support
- Improved FLAC metadata handling
- Added in-place conversion for existing files/directories
- Fixed FreeDB bug that could cause a crash for certain CDs
- Fixed misspellings in French localization
- Fixed missing user interface connections in French localization
Max-0.5.3 was released on 23 Jan 2006. This is primarily a bug fix release that fixes a bug in post-encoding MP3 processing that could cause a crash.