when I run cmake, it does not detect liblo. Liblo seems to be mandatory for the compilation of muse2.
As per the other message, you need to install the development packages for liblo.
On Ubuntu for example this package is called liblo-dev.
liblo is not mandatory to build MusE. It should build without it.
MusE should build with/without liblo and/or DSSI.
Doesn't work? Let us know.
I know that I must install devel packages of liblo, but I think cmake should detect if liblo is present or not and tell it to the "user".
But... it does, no?
There is a list printed out at the end of configuration which
says what support will be turned on or off.
OSC should be listed there.
Ah, probably the wording is wrong.
It should probably say liblo not OSC.
Should be more clear that liblo is what you need.
Is that what you mean?
Yeah, I think when I made that I was trying to think ahead
'generically', in case some other form of OSC library would
be used or supported, not just liblo.
Shall I reword the printout slightly?
Maybe you should reformulate the error message. Print something which makes reference to OSC and liblo.
Done. In SVN trunk (I forgot to mention that in other message).
New informative ERROR, WARNING, HINT messages in cmake script.
Also, detect and report missing Doxygen executable.
Also added doxygen to README requirements and clean up README a bit.
You've probably already buit MusE by now, but if you can possibly test it.
Hope this helps.
I think this ticket is still valid. I know I have been bitten by something similar before so I decided to poke at it a bit.
I tried removing the liblo-dev package from my system which should make it impossible to build DSSI, since it depends on OSC, right?
The configure step is however completed without error, OSC is listed as a component to be built.
However when trying to build it fails with:
/home/ddskrjo/dev/svn_muse/muse2/muse/ctrl.h:34:29: fatal error: lo/lo_osc_types.h: No such file or directory
Hmm. Had a look at the configure script and it looks to me the PKG_CHECK_MODULES script isn't working right on my system. Even though there is no liblo.pc on my system the LIBLO_FOUND variable is set(1)
I too, tested by removing all the related dev packages, several times
while fixing up the cmake script as mentioned below.
It worked fine - giving warnings and errors where needed such as liblo.
I hope you find the problem and hope that MusE is not at fault.
If you need help on the cmake side or think our script is faulty, ask
our dev Orcan on the dev list - he's real good with that.
I bet he'd have an answer as to why it might be doing that.
Again, liblo is NOT required for MusE DSSI support.
But it is highly recommended as the docs/help should say.
If not, you can still use DSSI but there won't be any native GUIs.
Similarly, DSSI is not required for liblo support, but currently
only DSSI uses liblo, so liblo support alone does nothing.
Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.