Menu

AWS server stopped working

2020-09-16
2020-09-17
  • Mark Atkins

Mark Atkins - 2020-09-16

After several months with no problems, my AWS server stopped working. Was updated several weeks bacl to .10 release and continued to work. Now does not appear in server list on Jamulus client and cannot be pinged. On AWS dashboard, server is running. Anyone with similar issues or suggestions on how to resolve issue?

• Al Udell

Al Udell - 2020-09-16

Hi Mark. I assume you tried stopping/restarting the service? Can you provide the name of your server and which central server list it is registered under?
    -Al

• Mark Atkins

Mark Atkins - 2020-09-16

Tried start/stop and rebooting server from AWS dashboard. Server name AOK located at Virginia AWS site. Always appeared in generic list though I checked all other lists and not visible. Also, server not pingable.

• Vincenzo

Vincenzo - 2020-09-16

as far as I know, ping is disabled in AWS. Can you check with top or ps that jamulus is running?

• Al Udell

Al Udell - 2020-09-17

It doesn't show up in Jamulus Explorer - http://jamulus.softins.co.uk/. Are you able to direct connect to it at bottom of Connect window (Server Name/Address field)? If not, can you provide the IP and port it runs on? I'll try a few connectivity tests from my end.
      -Al

• Mark Atkins

Mark Atkins - 2020-09-16

Check with top or ps?

• Vincenzo

Vincenzo - 2020-09-16

via the shell, both commands show a list of active processes (top is more interactive).

• Mark Atkins

Mark Atkins - 2020-09-17

Thanks. Working again. My son-in-law who set up server for me corrected listing descriptor. Odd in that no change had been made to server before it stopped working.

• Al Udell

Al Udell - 2020-09-17

Ah, there you are under 'All Genres'. Glad you got it working.

115 AOK AWS Ponte Vedra FL United States 96 54.175.147.83 22124 3.5.9 Linux