Menu

Command Line Option in Wondows 10

2020-04-28
2020-05-10
  • Stephen Enge

Stephen Enge - 2020-04-28

I want to launch my server from a windows shortcut. But I want to use several of the parameter options. the shortcut command line will not accomodate them. I've tried a batch file nd that does not work. Is the initialization file used for his? Help!

• Mike Jammer

Mike Jammer - 2020-04-29

The way I added parameters was to right click the shortcut > select properties and add them in the box marked target after the program path and name:
    Hope this helps.

Last edit: Mike Jammer 2020-04-29
  • Stephen Enge

Stephen Enge - 2020-04-29

I know how to do this. but only so much text will fit in that field. I have the need to set several parameters, including a verbose welcoming message.

• Gronaz

Gronaz - 2020-05-01

Your windows may have a problem : I can save this string in the field :
    "C:\Program Files\Duplicati 2\Duplicati.GUI.TrayIcon.exe" --lofile=totototototototottttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt.log --interfacebklfhkdhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj

so the max for Windows is 260 characters..... BTW, this number is the max drive:\path\file length

To get rid of this limit you should rather dig why your batch doesn't work

Last edit: Gronaz 2020-05-01
  • Al Udell

Al Udell - 2020-05-07

What all parameters to you want to include? Can you post your batch file?

• Alberto

Alberto - 2020-05-10

i,

I use a .bat file in my desktop with this:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\jamulus\Jamulus.exe" -s -a "Alberto's Keli" -u 30 -R d:\jamulus -w "Bienvenidos al local virtual de Ensayo del Coro de Camara A Capella de Madrid"

and it works, with dfferent parameters, like welcome message, number of singers up to 30, save the sesions, etc.

Alberto