Menu

Setting up a Jamulus server on MacBook Air

2020-03-25
2020-03-31
  • Andrew Davidson

Andrew Davidson - 2020-03-25

I have installed the software as shown below bu cannot get the Server setup to operate, I have followed various threads in discussion without success. I have been told that I need a complete new installation but despite removing it and reinstalling I just get back to the position I had before with my musician information still there, so I am assuming that there are files left over from first installation. So my question is how can I make sure I have cleared out everything from my laptop before I create a new installation ?

• Gilgongo

Gilgongo - 2020-03-25

Hi Andrew - I don't have a Mac to test this, but what OSX version are you running?

• Andrew Davidson

Hi Gilgonga
    I am running High Sierra I have been able to get the server up and filled in the sections and can connect but no showing up on the server names or from another remote MAC

• Andrew Davidson

As I say I have got acces to the server and have filled up but still not working any advise?

• Gilgongo

Gilgongo - 2020-03-25

If we take the remote connection problem first: have you got a port forward set up so that UDP port 22124 is open from the outside to the server machine's IP address (or at least to the LAN)?

• Andrew Davidson

Andrew Davidson - 2020-03-26

Have set that up now on my Virgin media Hub 3

• Gilgongo

Gilgongo - 2020-03-26

OK good. I can't see your server on the list (but then the list only shows about 5-10 servers for me at any one time for some reason) but if anyone else can, see if they can connect to it? If not, what is the IP/hostname of the server? I can try connecting to that directly.

BTW you will probably need a dynamic DNS system going in the long run if you do this.