Stefan Adams - 2004-04-15

The following is a message for contribution to this project.  I do not use sourceforge often at all and do not know how to contribute and I also therefore am not logged in often.  If you have any questions or feedback for this message, please email me at stefan@borgia.com.

I have written an LDAP schema for storing information about users' quotas.
I have also written a set of Perl tools for modifying these LDAP entries and for setting the quotas on the system.
These tools allow you to quickly add, delete, modify, and apply quota(s) for user(s).
These tools were written specifically for Mandrake Linux 9.2.
I would like to contribute these programs.  How?  And if people like this contribution, perhaps they can help to port it.  I think it's a great start to a fine set of tools.

Clear quota(s) on account(s) with:
./setSystemQuotas.pl -D "ou=People,dc=example,dc=com" -F '(description=Staff)'
This wipes the quota attribute(s) on all ou=People with description=Staff.

Set quota(s) on account(s) with:
./setSystemQuotas.pl -D "ou=People,dc=example,dc=com" -Q /dev/sda7=200000:220000:2000:2000 -F '(description=Staff)'
This creates or modifies (an existing quota attribute with the same filesystem as specified here) the quota attribute in LDAP for all ou=People with description=Staff.

Apply quota(s) to account(s) with:
./applySystemQuotas.pl -D "ou=People,dc=example,dc=com" -F '(description=Staff)'
This applies each listed quota (ie. runs edquota) for each ou=People and description=Staff.  It starts by clearing the quota of all filesystems and then applying the quotas as defined by the quota attribute in LDAP.