Welcome to the world of LinQ!
LinQ is the abbreviation of LinK You, or Linux Q, which is a cross-platform instant messaging system including server(linqd) and client(linqt).
- Presence notification(including online, offline, away).
- Send/Receive online or offline messages(using UTF-8 encoding).
- Contact list is stored on server.
- Store detailed information and message history on client(XML + BerkeleyDB).
- Store password using SHA algorithm.
- Password is encrypted using MD5 algorithm when transferred on network.
- SOCKS5/HTTPs proxy support.
- A Message manager which can export messages.
- Global hotkey support.
- Support emotion tokens and various fonts when sending messages.
- Adminiators can send broadcast messages to all users on his server.
- Auto status switch after a period of idle time of the system.
- Floating window.
- Toggle window styles at runtime(including Windows, Motif, MotifPlus, ...).
- P2P connections go through server if both of the two clients are behind
- Communicate with remote users on other servers.
- Can be run on both Windows and linux platform.
- Based on plugins to extend functionality: