Menu

After new install no pictures

UNIX Help
2005-09-12
2013-04-25
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Hi
    I had some problems earlier so i decided to do a new install. The setup says everything is fine.

I have the following settings
    enable caching = off
    Image cache = off

My problem is that no pictures whatsoever show up despite the fact that there are over 1000 pictures there. The albums show up but not the images
    album folders are owned by the apache user which is also true for all the jpg files.

So my question is - why arent any pictures showing?

• Nobody/Anonymous

Me again

wanted to add I am using Safari browser
      Linpha version 1.0beta2

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2005-09-12

why not use the final 1.0 version?

greets flo

• Nobody/Anonymous

I could use the latest version, in fact i was meaning to but when it didnt work on beta2 i stopped.

You think the problem will go away if i use 1.0?

Thomas

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2005-09-12

i don't know
        but i can't help you on old versions

if you are reinstalling linpha, it is anyway the best solution to use the latest version

• Nobody/Anonymous

Hi again

I installed the latest version 1.0 and it worked. I can now see the pictures. When i reinstalled i named the database linpha3, so i still have the original database which contains all the comments etc. Is there a way to import the comments from the old database to the new...i.e do a mysqldump on a particular table and insert that into the new table or do i have to manually add comments etc to all pictures?

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2005-09-12

with phpmyadmin export the old table linpha_image_comments and reimport in the new table linpha_image_comments

that should do the trick

flo

• Nobody/Anonymous

I should add that the old database is from Linpha 1.0-beta

• Nobody/Anonymous

Couldnt i simply eport the table with mysqldump and reinsert it into the new database? Does phpmyadmin do something other than the regular command line tools for mysql?

i'd rather not install another program unless i have to

thomas

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2005-09-12

i don't know mysqldump
        phpmyadmin doesn't anything special

i thought that everybody who is using mysql has phpmyadmin installed :-) sorry....