Menu

no photo

UNIX Help
2004-02-25
2004-03-13
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Hi all,
    I have installed today the version 0.9.2
    Everthing went well. After I uploaded some pictures no photo is displayed. The thumbs are fine but no photo in every resolution. You can look at http://www.hitzkoepfe.de/gallery

I have upgraded the version of convert to 5.5.7 (latest stable) but nothing changed. Please help

Cheers Christian

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2004-02-25

if you copy the image location in the adress bar, you can see the following error:

-------------
      Warning: tempnam() [function.tempnam]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/tmp) is not within the allowed path(s): (/srv/www/htdocs/web3/) in /srv/www/htdocs/web3/html/gallery/get_thumbs_on_fly.php on line 85

Warning: unlink() [function.unlink]: No such file or directory in /srv/www/htdocs/web3/html/gallery/get_thumbs_on_fly.php on line 87

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /srv/www/htdocs/web3/html/gallery/get_thumbs_on_fly.php:85) in /srv/www/htdocs/web3/html/gallery/get_thumbs_on_fly.php on line 106
      -------------

that means that you don't have write access to '/tmp'

as a workaround, you can torn off 'convert': in the table linpha_config changed the value of use_convert from 1 to 0
      then, the script should use the gd lib to create the images

@rudi: what do you think, should linpha work if we haven't access to /tmp ?
      we could make a check if /tmp is writeable, if not the installation could make a temporary folder in the linpha directory

• Nobody/Anonymous

Hi,
        thank you for the fast answer.
        After I changed the value in the database, everthing went well :-)
        I try to get access to the /tmp directory

Cheers
        Christian

• Nobody/Anonymous

I have a similar problem, if i use convert: No pics at all, gdlib works!

Here is what picurl says:

Warning: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 638 is not allowed to access /tmp/PICT0101.JPGK7NjkM owned by uid 30 in /.../get_thumbs_on_fly.php on line 87

Warning: Unable to access /tmp/PICT0101.JPGK7NjkM.jpg in /.../get_thumbs_on_fly.php on line 90

Warning: fopen("/tmp/PICT0101.JPGK7NjkM.jpg", "rb") - No such file or directory in /.../get_thumbs_on_fly.php on line 90

Warning: stat failed for /tmp/PICT0101.JPGK7NjkM.jpg (errno=2 - No such file or directory) in /.../get_thumbs_on_fly.php on line 90

Warning: fread(): supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in /.../get_thumbs_on_fly.php on line 90

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /.../get_thumbs_on_fly.php:87) in /.../get_thumbs_on_fly.php on line 106

Is there any chance that I can use convert in another temp directory as this should be the solution for this problem!?

THANKS

Jon