UNIX Help
2005-02-26
2013-04-25
  • Klaus Vink Slott

+ LinpHA version = LinPHA Version 1.0beta3
    + Operating System = Linux SuSE 9.2
    + Database type/version = mysqld  Ver 4.0.21
    + GDlib/Imagemagick = ImageMagick-6.0.7-4.4

I have resently upgraded my system to SuSE 9.2 and therefore changed all folder names to UTF8.  As I access/manage my picture foldes from other SW I prefer to keep it that way.

Is there some setting in LinPHA/PHP/Apache to make folder names apper correctly?

Se example at http://klaus.vink-slott.dk/album/
    The second folder is named Ugerlse (with a danish ø )
    --
    Regards Klaus

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2005-02-26

if i change the charset in my browser to utf8 the folder name are displayed correctly

to make this automatically you can try to change the default charset in the file functions/image.php in the function html_header()
      but i also heard that you need to change apache/php settings to change the charset correctly

greets flo

• Klaus Vink Slott

Yes if I manualy force the browser to utf, folder names appear correctly. But all other danish text was then f..... up

I then found the meta for charset in html_header() is controlled from the lang/lang.Danish.php This file is mostly translated to Danish but in another charset. I converted this file to UTF-8 and changed the header meta variable to UTF-8. Now almost everything works nicely :-)

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2005-03-15

thank you for this info
          what do you have execatly changed in the file lang.Danish.php? if you have changed the special danish signs into html entities it would be nice if you could send us this file

maybe we need to create files with different charsets in future...

greets flo

• Klaus Vink Slott

Well.. The file is only partly translated to Danish and I was planning to go over the rest of it before submitting this version. Actually I did not insert any special html codes to display Danish characters, as they are included in UTF8.
            But I probably wont get get the rest of the stuff translated in the near future, so you are welcome to  fetch my current version at  http://klaus.vink-slott.dk/album/lang/lang.Danish.php.tar.gz
            Please note: All credits must go to Tage Madsen who did the most of the hard work. I only converted to UTF and sorted out some minor quirks in the translation.
            --
            Regards
            Klaus Vink Slott

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2005-03-30

thank you very much
              i replaced our language file with your file

if you continue translating the file, please always take the latest cvs file

greets flo

• Nobody/Anonymous

Very useful tip, didn't expect to solve this issue so easy.
          Also must had a lucky search/find.

Changed the value in lang/lang.MYLANG.php
          from
          $html_charset="iso-8859-1";
          to
          $html_charset="utf-8";

Bye, thanks