tdw419 - 2010-01-14

Linpha has an article on their wiki site about how to move album directory, does anyone know how to do this? I have tried and tried with no success. I need the directory to be outside the linpha installation directory. I tried to change this…. $album_dir = $mydirectory.' on db_api.php but no luck???? please help.

http://linpha.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Howto_move_album_directory

Howto move album directory
From LinphaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

If you don't have any photos in your linpha, you can easily change the path through the admin section
(/admin/?cat=settings_all and change the value of sys_path_album_dir)

But if you already have photos in your linpha and you just move the directory, and somebody access during this time your linpha page all thumbnail etc. may need to be recreated!

To prevent this:

* disable autoimport in the admin section (admin/?cat=settings_all), change sys_import_autoimport to disable
    * move your directory
    * change the albums path in the admin section (/admin/?cat=settings_all), change the value of sys_path_album_dir
    * enable autoimport in the admin section (admin/?cat=settings_all), change sys_import_autoimport to enable

If you access your linpha again and you see messages like "new folder" etc. something went wrong, but you shouldn't loose comments, statistics data etc.