libfvs 1.0.5 has been released. This release contains a new set of descriptors intended for use with L*A*B* images for pigment analysis. A new version of the 3-D thumbnail generator has been added which projects a 3-D model into one of several primitive 3-D shapes, before unwrapping to a 2-D plane. This release also has numerous other bug fixes and improvements.
Summary of changes;
• New Pigment based descriptors
• Support for Vips versions 7.12 and 7.13
• A new tool based on the 3d thumbnail generator which "unwraps" a 3-D model based on sphere, cone and cylinder projection has been added.
• Generated a python wrapper using swig.
• Added smart pointers manage image and feature vector objects internally.
• Fixed various multiscale wrapper bugs
• Numerous other bug fixes and code improvements.
libvs 1.0.4 is released. This release fixes a bug in the C API and use inttypes definitations in the MemoryBlobWriter classes. The 3-D Shape Spectrum Descriptor has been added, requiring lapack.
FVS 1.0.3 has been released. This is mostly a bug fix release, although some work has been done to improve the external interfaces.
* Added basic C interface based on JNI interface
* Added C# wrapper class using C interface
* Fixed ColourMatch bug due to method name/signature mismatches
* Fixed memory usuage in sub image matching wrappers
* Added ability to set generate and compare parameters in JNI interface
* Added generic histogram accessor functions for 2-D algorithms
* Added getFloatData and getDoubleData accessor function to JNI interface
* Make MySQL interface compatible with MySQL 5
* Other minor bug fixes.
The first public release of libfvs is now available under the LGPL.
fvs is a cross-platform 2-D image and 3-D object analysis library. It is intented for use within content-based retrieval systems to facilitate retrieval of "similar" images or objects to a given query image or object.