2.5.1 Beta 1

Beta
Josh
2010-05-01
2013-05-29
1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)
  • Josh

Josh - 2010-05-01

This is a windows release of the 2.5.1 beta.   You can get it at: http://www.launchy.net/LaunchySetup2.5.1B1.exe

This release mostly has bug fixes from 2.5, and it also includes fuzzy file browsing searches.  So for instance you can type c:\x86<tab> to go to c:\Program Files (x86)\

We've been trying to track down a few bugs that are causing crashes.  Please let us know if you experience any.

Josh

• Simon

Simon - 2010-05-01

If you do experience a crash, Launchy will create a pair of crash dump files in your temp directory (to open your temp directory, type %temp% into the address bar in Explorer). Launchy_MidiCrashDump and Launchy_MiniCrashDump. Please send us a zip of the Midi one if you can, or failing that, the Mini one would be helpful.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2010-05-03

Hi,
    Here's my dump file: www.file-upload.net/download-2486692/Launchy_MidiCrashDump.rar.htmlBy

I'm running launchy on a windows 7 pro.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2010-05-03

sorry, here's the correct link: www.file-upload.net/download-2486692/Launchy_MidiCrashDump.rar.html

• Enorym

Enorym - 2010-05-19

Working fine so far, it seems smoother than 2.5, thus no crashes here. However, as a user reported in that thread Since 2.5, all custom launchy 2.0+ skins are being forced to use black output text instead of their assigned one in style.qss. That's the only bug i would like to see getting fixed.

Thank you for your time and effort in making launchy even better.

• Simon

Simon - 2010-05-19

This appears to only affect old skins. You can workaround the problem by editing the style.qss and removing any occurrences of QLineEdit#.

• Enorym

Enorym - 2010-05-19

Hmm, you're right, apparently something is changed in the structure of style.qss in launchy 2.5. The pre-installed skins work fine, just tried to copy-paste the #output section into a downloaded skin and the text seemed to use the correct color. So it's about compatibility? Is this something that could be added back to launchy, or skin-artists should be notified of the changes implemented in launchy 2.5?

Thanks for the fast reply, Simonca.

• Enorym

Enorym - 2010-05-19

edit: just saw your workaround, thanks!

• Simon

Simon - 2010-05-19

Update: Just remove QLineEdit, not the #

• Mantis

Mantis - 2010-05-21

here is my dump - http://www.multiupload.com/8QG74T3V4M

been crashing on my laptop since 2.5

• Simon

Simon - 2010-05-23

Thanks. Your crash seems to be due to txp4.cpl, which I think is something to do with an Asus motherboard. You can avoid the crash by disabling Controly or possibly by removing txp4.cpl from \windows\system32

• Simon

Simon - 2010-05-23

Can you upload the txp4.cpl somewhere? All the download sites I've found are complete scams - presumably because this is an old motherboard.

• Mantis

Mantis - 2010-05-23

here is the file - http://www.multiupload.com/QDQP9JEMRE

I think it is not from ASUS. It is Tweak-XP Pro v4 control panel applet. I have removed it, will see if the problem persists.

• kosmero

kosmero - 2010-05-28

here's my crash dump - http://www.multiupload.com/J3L3MMDMH7

launchy crashes when i boot up my laptop, reinstalling and running it immediately didn't help either. normally it takes at least 3 boot ups before it's happy enough to run normally. i tried disabling controly but didn't help either

• Amadawn

Amadawn - 2010-06-03

It works great here. Fuzzy search is awesome! :-D

One little problem that I've found, which perhaps existed already in previous versions is that when typing "\\" to start browsing a network drive Launchy gets stuck for a long time. I assume that this is related to it trying to show get the list of network servers so that you can select them or use autocompletion. I think that the GUI should not get blocked because of this, though, which is what seems to happen now.

Perhaps another solution could be to wait a bit longer before trying to get the the list of network drivers when you type "\\", so as to give time to the user to write part of the server name?

• Simon

Simon - 2010-06-13

@mantisby
    TweakXP's control panel is rather badly behaved and does not preserve the CPU registers that it uses in its main function. As a result, Launchy crashes having had it's registers trashed. I presume Windows has had to implement a hack to work around such ill behaved things.

@amadawn:
    Yes, the UI should be in a different thread from the searching; something I've wanted to implement for a while but it could cause plugin problems. The work around for now, I think, would be to slightly increase your drop down delay,

• Simon

Simon - 2010-06-13

For future reference the TweakXP crash was caused by the ESI register being trashed during the CPL_INQUIRE call. Only seems to be a problem when Controly is built using the VS2005 compiler and "optimize for speed" it set. VS2010's compiler doesn't seem to be affected.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2010-06-13

After installing 2.5 and 2.5.1 beta version, launchy still crashes every time when I try to rebuild catalogs.
    I tried to delete db file with catalogs with no progress.

Launchy rebuilds all catalogs, then, at the end, it crashes every time.

Link to dumps: http://www.multiupload.com/HTGCJKHNCN

I guess I have to go back to 2.0

• Simon

Simon - 2010-06-13

I suspect Tweak XP Pro knackering Controly again. Try removing c:\windows\system32\Tweak-XP Pro.cpl and rescanning again. Alternatively, disable Controly.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2010-06-24

its a relieve  to have this update very noticeable difference , works faster, icons shows up ty

• Amadawn

Amadawn - 2010-06-24

Simon,

it seems that decoupling the UI from the search is a big task. I will follow your advice for now and simply increase the dropdown delay. However, do you think that it could make sense to treat the remote folder autocompletion as a special case in which the search is not performed until you type the server name? that is, until you type the "\" after the server name? I think that this would solve the problem completely, since what is slow is searching for all accessible network servers, not searching the available shared folders within a server.

What I mean is that if I want to access a server named "myserver", launchy would not start searching autocompletion items until I typed "\\myserver\" (i.e. the last "\" is the one that would trigger the search).

Also, do you plan to release 2.5.1 soon?

• Manuel Renz

Manuel Renz - 2010-06-24

Hi,
    with the current version calcy  ignores the regional decimal seperator e.g. 1,5*1,5 returns 225 instead of 2,25
    Cheers
    Manuel

• NameBrand

NameBrand - 2010-07-05

http://www.therag.org/launchy-crash-20100705.zip

Crash occured when I pasted a URL into Launchy and hit <enter>.

WinXP updated, Opera 10.53

• Jeremy Hodges

Jeremy Hodges - 2010-07-09

Josh, et al.

Here's my dump.  I'm crippled by my lack of launchy.

http://www.box.net/shared/m51hzta1nu

1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)