Current inconsistencies that should be addressed:
* Lookup is case sensitive for server names but case insensitive for setting names
-> make both case insensitive (backwards compatible)
* Connect notifications send (ws) message, while disconnect notifications send w.
-> make both (ws), but keep backwards compatible (see later)
* Sign up for notifications using (wb) instead of w or "". This allows signup with multiple message IDs. Keep old way of signing up for backwards compatibility, but mark as deprecated. Implement new way with inconsistency from above removed.
* Add "data to string" and "string to data" settings that work somewhat like pretty print, but generate unambiguous text representations.
* Add named messages to allow for broadcasts
* Add registry functionality to provide centralized configuration storage