Menu

Web request error

Syke
2013-06-06
2020-06-21
  • Syke

Syke - 2013-06-06

I have the sync setup properly. There are just 2 issues that im not sure about.
    The first is:
    What URL should i be using in the google keepass entry, so that it can create the proper UID?

and my second issue has to do with how the program is currnetly functioning:

When i go down to tools, and try to upload to google drive, the secondary window pops up, and fills in my credentials. I log in, and it asks me for my 2 factor authentication. It goes through and shows me a "Request Permission" page for KeePass. i say allow. the permission page goes away, and then i get a message saying "Web request to 'https://accounts.google.com/o/oauth2/token' failed."

i click ok to close it, and thats all that happens.

I dont see the file uploaded to GDrive, nor is there any other messages, or actions after that.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

• Danyal

Danyal - 2013-06-12

Hi there,

The URL does not matter, I only use the user and password that's needed to authenticate to the Google Drive.

I tried 2 step authentication and it worked just fine for me. Here's what I did.
    1. Close/Exit KeePass.
    2. Edit and save KeePass.config.xml - added a new item under the <custom> tag

<Item>
      <Key>GoogleSyncShowAuthenticationForm</Key>
      <Value>true</Value>
    </Item>

1. Restarted KeePass
    2. Went to my Gmail account settings and clicked on Security link
    3. Turned on 2-step verification
    4. Followed the setup instructions and received a code on my mobile
    5. I selected the option Do not trust this computer (so it always sends me the code to my mobile)
    6. In KeePass, I did Sync with Google drive option. It opened up a new window with my username and password filled in. I clicked on Sign In.
    7. Once I received an SMS with my code, I put that in and clicked Verify
    8. I got the request permissions screen - I clicked Allow Access

The plugin then synced my database with the one on Google Drive successfully.

Try uploading the database file to Google Drive manually and then use the Sync option in KeePass.

Or

Try turning off 2-step verfiication.

Please also make sure you have turned on Drive services
    Go to https://code.google.com/apis/console
    Click on Services link
    Make sure Drive API is enabled

Hope that helps.

• Guille Glez

Guille Glez - 2019-12-02

Hi,

Im having a similar problem, when reaching step 8 on your steps, the "Allow" Access button is always disabled.

Can I get some help with this?
    Thanks

• Donnie Owens

Donnie Owens - 2019-12-10

Hi Guille. Did you ever get an answer for your issue? I'm having the same problem, the "Allow" access button is grayed out no matter what I've tried.

• Guille Glez

Guille Glez - 2019-12-12

Nope, still facing the issue....

• namo

namo - 2019-12-12

Same problem here. Perhaps something has changed on the Google side of things.ee

• mzyz987

mzyz987 - 2019-12-17

Same here. I don't know if that can make any difference but it occurs also when OAuth2 is on.

• namo

namo - 2019-12-29

A solution was provided in another thread:
    https://sourceforge.net/p/kp-googlesync/discussion/general/thread/11b777d3/

" I added a DWORD 32-bit Key named Keepass.exe with Hex value 2af8 to HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION."

It worked for me.
    (I used 2af9 instead of 2af8 because Google Drive Sync had a key present there that used this value.)

• Petr

Petr - 2020-01-05

Hi, I have the same issue but this solution didn't help me. Any other ideas?

• Donnie Owens

Donnie Owens - 2020-01-09

Thank you namo!! This worked perfectly for my issue!!

• robRbaron

robRbaron - 2020-06-21

try v4, worked for me after trying all the others.
    Fork by WalterPG: https://github.com/walterpg/google-drive-sync/releases