KompoZer 0.7.10 won't accept Nvu extensions or themes that were installable in 0.7.7. I have tried the Smoke theme and these extensions: Nvu tutorial 0.4, DOM Inspector 0.9.3, JavaScript debugger 0.9.84, HandCode 0.3.4. This is the behaviour:

Use a fresh profile or one that didn't contain some of the named extensions or themes. Start 0.7.10 and drag a new extension or theme file into the appropriate dialog (Tools > Themes or Tools > Extensions). After waiting and clicking the Install button, the extension is rejected (nothing appears in the dialogue, and the extension is not there even after restarting).

Start a 0.7.7 installation of KompoZer, and install any of these extensions into a profile. They are accepted and installed in the usual way. E.g. the DOM Inspector gets its entry in the Tools menu.

Exit and start a 0.7.10 installation, using the profile to which the extensions or themes were just added. They are still there, in a way: the menu entry for the DOM inspector is shown and it can be started, or the Smoke theme (if selected) is still used. However, no extensions or themes show up in Tools > Extensions or Tools > Themes. Which means that among other things, I can't set extension options.

Should I file this as a bug? Or do have to change something in the extensions description files, and if so, can you tell me what to change? Thanks.

Sebastian Lisken