Menu

GLUT Error Compiling

Help
2004-01-10
2012-09-17
  • michael fivis

michael fivis - 2004-01-10

/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-slackware-linux/3.2.3/../../../../i486-slackware-linux/bin/ld: cannot find -lglut
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make: *** [kiki] Error 1

Myself and someone else in #slackware noticed the same error compiling kiki after succesfully assembling kodilib.

Glut and gcc seem to be more than up to date. (slack 9.1)

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2004-01-10

I had similar problem, since GLUT was installed but ld couldn't find it since it didn't look where it should. I had to edit the Makefile manually and set the right paths. It was a long time ago, so I don't remember what exactly I changed...

HTH

• michael fivis

michael fivis - 2004-01-13

did you find out anymore

• holly@spectre

holly@spectre - 2004-05-12

Hi, i had the same problem on my Slackware 9.1. Seeing the date of your post you probably long since managed to get it running. But in the case you didnt here is what to do. It should work on all slackwares...

You need to create these symlinks.. I hope i write them all.

in /usr/lib create symlink called libGLU.so which points to /usr/X11R6/lib/libGLU.so.1.3

in /usr/lib create symlink called libGLw.so.1.0 which points to /usr/X11R6/lib/libGLw.so.1.0

And that should be all. As a matter of fact, you will need to download Python 2.2.x version, if you dont allready have it, i had to downgrade. Kiki doesnt run on Python 2.3 although supported. Dont know why i am a newbie :o)

Hope it helps someone.