Menu

Captured - hint?

Help
2003-04-30
2012-09-17
  • Rob Leachman

Rob Leachman - 2003-04-30

I don't remember the level number, but it's the one where the exit is blocked on all sides by 9 cubes. If you've solved it, I bet you remember.

I'd like a hint... not the "just do this" solve, that's no fun. I come back to this level every day and haven't figured out anything that seems close.

Thx

• Rob Leachman

Rob Leachman - 2003-05-04

Here's that hint:

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=2016678&forum_id=32649

The mailing list is a much better place for these types of questions, I just found out today... yay.

• Mårten Woxberg

Mårten Woxberg - 2003-08-12

Well that link doesnt work at all

• Andrzej Montańo

the link didnt help at all im still stuck

• Thorsten Kohnhorst

ther mailing list archive seems to be deleted (probably because of the sourceforge restructuring).

here is a short description for a solution i received from donaciano:

"the exit stuck in the middle with a sorta cage around it... trick is to get 3 or so blocks on one side, keeping one stacked on the other 2 and scooting it to the near middle, then pressing in the center block, that one had me for maybe half an hour!  Had to retry several times."

i hope i will find the time tomorrow to write some more detailed help.

but i suggest that you try it a little bit harder once again, since the satisfaction will be great if you solve this hard puzzle yourself :-)

yours kodi

• Thorsten Kohnhorst

hello again,

the mailarchive seems to be online again.
      here is a copy of my solution for the 'captured' level:

you have to attach one of the wall stones to the solid 'sphere' of stones in the middle in order to push a hole into it.
      since the sphere is two units away from the walls, you have to stack two of the 'free' wall pieces.
      but the stack has to be at the right position. that's why you need a third stone on the same wall to be able to move the 'stack'.

i have to admit, that this level is harder than i thought first. it's the only one i didn't design myself and i was very happy and concentrated when i solved it the first time.
      it took me 5-10 minutes to solve it, so i thought it's not as hard as some of the later levels.
      but i recognized that it took me much longer to solve it on other occasions, even now i have to concentrate a lot to solve it without an error.
      in a future version i will move this level up in the difficulty' scale.

yours kodi