Menu

KID3 under Ubuntu Gutsy

Help
2007-10-24
2012-09-29
  • sneak_chamber

sneak_chamber - 2007-10-24

OK. So I have installed version 0.9 of KiD3 in Ubuntu Linux, latest release, Gutsy Gibbon. I am having some strange "effects" though. All the fonts inside the app are absolutely HUGE. I mean 50% larger than usual. Is there a way I can fix this, or is this a known issue??

• Urs Fleisch

Urs Fleisch - 2007-12-02

With kid3-qt 0.10 you can set the font and the style used, so you can fix those strange effects even without using qtconfig.

• Urs Fleisch

Urs Fleisch - 2007-10-24

I am also running Ubuntu Gutsy, but I have also Kubuntu installed, and Kid3 looks quite normal.

If you are running KDE (Kubuntu), you should use the standard kid3 package and the fonts should be as configured for KDE: systemsettings (package kde-systemsettings) or kcontrol (package kcontrol), Appearance/Fonts.

If your are running Gnome or XFCE (Ubuntu or Xubuntu), you can use kid3-qt, which does not have KDE dependencies. The fonts can be configured using qtconfig-qt3 (package qt3-qtconfig, menu System/Preferences/Qt3 Configuration), Fonts, then File/Save and restart kid3. My configuration there is Sans Serif, Normal, 9, which looks quite normal. However, if I remove ~/.qt/qtrc, the default font is aakar with size 6 which is quite large. With this default configuration, the fonts really look strange. I will check if there is a possibility to set the font from within the application.