kid3-cli and all files of a directory

Help
riffcon
2017-03-21
2017-03-21
  • riffcon

riffcon - 2017-03-21

Hello.
    Trying to remove all mp3 tags using QProcess (in my particular case, if you don't mind).
    Starting kid3-cli with arguments (path leads to single mp3 file):
    QStringList() << "-c" << "remove 1" << "-c" << "remove 2" << "-c" << "remove 3" << "D:/Music/Genre/Artist/2000-Album/01-Track.mp3"
    Is ok - every tag removed from "01-Track.mp3"
    Starting kid3-cli with arguments (path leads to a folder with mp3 files):
    QStringList() << "-c" << "remove 1" << "-c" << "remove 2" << "-c" << "remove 3" << "D:/Music/Genre/Artist/2000-Album"
    As I understood from examples, tags should be removed from all files, but nothing happened.
    Where is the mistake?

• Urs Fleisch

Urs Fleisch - 2017-03-21

Maybe "D:/Music/Genre/Artist/2000-Album/*.mp3"?

• riffcon

riffcon - 2017-03-21

This option also tried, no effect. In general, it was assumed that there can be music files of any supported format, so specifying of the extension is also not desirable.

• Urs Fleisch

Urs Fleisch - 2017-03-21

I have just tested this both on Linux and on Windows and it works.

Linux:

kid3-cli -c "remove 1" -c "remove 2" -c "remove 3" cli_all_files/*

Windows:

kid3-cli.exe -c "remove 1" -c "remove 2" -c "remove 3" X:\cli_all_files\*

Note that I used back slashes when working on the Windows cmd.exe. You can use just * - kid3 will only touch supported audio files.

• riffcon

riffcon - 2017-03-22

Thanks a lot, it works as you described.
    Some options tried and so it is clear about Windows: the folder path really needs to be specified with "\" (but slash type doesn't matter - "/" or "\" - in case of absolute file path), the folder path doesn't recognized anyway (without "*" at the end).

Last edit: riffcon 2017-03-22